Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta - White Smoke When Started From Cold

Adamy

Hi, I'm looking to buy a ford fiesta 2008 1.4. I've found one I want to buy & test drove it, all was ok. I went back 3 days later for my wife to test drove it & it struggled to start, on the 3rd attempt it started but loads of white smoke came out of the exhaust! So we left it in tick over for a while & smoke continued to come out.

The salesman spoke to the mechanics & they said the vacuum hose was not connected to the air filter that’s why it struggled to start & smoke came out. They had serviced the car.

This sounds reasonable but my concern is that I test drove the car for about 15 minutes up to speeds of 80mph so has this caused any long term damage?

Also is the mechanics answer true or just sale speak?

Thanks

Adam

Sounds plausable and would not cause any damage. Plus you now have the colder weather which is going to increase the condensation/steam from the exhaust anyway. If you are concerned, with the engine off, I would check the inside of the oil filler cap top see if there is any white/beige residue which may indicate a head gasket problem.

Sounds plausable and would not cause any damage. Plus you now have the colder weather which is going to increase the condensation/steam from the exhaust anyway. If you are concerned, with the engine off, I would check the inside of the oil filler cap top see if there is any white/beige residue which may indicate a head gasket problem.

Thanks, I've checked the oil cap & its clean. Forgot to mention it's a petrol 1.4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club