Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford focus 1.8 TDCI Y Reg

Dan Swift

Hi There

I was hoping someone could help me. I have a Focus 1.8 TDCI (2001) I recently went out in it and while on the Motorway the battery light came on, Then i noticed the lights dimming and the windscreen wipers slowing down. Then the power steering went completly. I pulled over. I then noticed that the front windscreen heater button wouldnt switch on and then, when turning the heater on from 1-4 that the power of the heater wasnt that fast. also there is no heat coming out of it, just cold air now.

I can turn the engine on and off without any problems. But i still have the above problems.

So basically:

battery light stays on

No power steering

Front heater switch wont turn on

Wipers, lights and heater power are low

Heater only blowing cold air out

Does anybody know what this might be?

Any advice would be much appriciated

Thanks

Kind Regards

Dan

Hi There

I was hoping someone could help me. I have a Focus 1.8 TDCI (2001) I recently went out in it and while on the Motorway the battery light came on, Then i noticed the lights dimming and the windscreen wipers slowing down. Then the power steering went completly. I pulled over. I then noticed that the front windscreen heater button wouldnt switch on and then, when turning the heater on from 1-4 that the power of the heater wasnt that fast. also there is no heat coming out of it, just cold air now.

I can turn the engine on and off without any problems. But i still have the above problems.

So basically:

Battery light stays on

No power steering

Front heater switch wont turn on

Wipers, lights and heater power are low

Heater only blowing cold air out

Does anybody know what this might be?

Any advice would be much appriciated

Thanks

Kind Regards

Dan

ALTERNATOR BELT! definetly. have a look under the bonnet on the left hand side as you look at the engine, i bet there is pulleys without a belt on them!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club