Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steaming Up!

Holland7

Morning all

I've had my 2001 Fiesta for around 2 and a half years now, it's done 55k and only had 1 owner from new before me. For all the time I've had it it's been a wonderfully reliable little car.

Recently though it's starting to misbehave. The problem started 6 weeks ago (ish). I was unable to control the temperature of the air con (or indeed just the regular heaters with the air-con turned off), it would either blow really hot or really cold air no matter what position I had the dial.

More recently, I'm having a real issue with my windows steaming up. The heated front window clears it at the front, but the rest of the windows in the car are just constantly steamed up, even with the fan on max.

Having to drive around in January with the windows down aint pretty, so if anyone could suggest what might be the cause of my problems I'd be very grateful!

It sounds like the Heater Control Valve needs replacing. They are under £40 from Fords and fairly easy to replace.

As the car is steaming up I also think your aircon may not be working either.

It sounds like the Heater Control Valve needs replacing. They are under £40 from Fords and fairly easy to replace.

As the car is steaming up I also think your aircon may not be working either.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have the Heater Control Valve changed a few weeks back. It resolved the problem for about a week, but now it's back again with the steaming up added on top!

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have the Heater Control Valve changed a few weeks back. It resolved the problem for about a week, but now it's back again with the steaming up added on top!

Did you change this yourself, or through a garage? it may need reseating (possibly wasnt fitted tightly enough and has vibrated loose?

Did you change this yourself, or through a garage? it may need reseating (possibly wasnt fitted tightly enough and has vibrated loose?

It was fitted at a garage. The car's going back in on Friday to be looked at again, hopefully it is as simple as tightening it up. Read all sorts of stuff on Google results going on about leaks and expensive repairs!

Google can be your best friend and worst enemy at the same time...

Most garages will look at it again free of charge, and resolve it if its sometbhing they may have done inadvertently.

Where is the HCV that they replaced?

Google can be your best friend and worst enemy at the same time...

Most garages will look at it again free of charge, and resolve it if its sometbhing they may have done inadvertently.

Where is the HCV that they replaced?

Not sure whether you mean where is the HCV located in my engine or what did I do with the old one they took out.

The HCV is quite close to the windscreen-end of the engine. The old part is in a bin somewhere!

Sorry, I should have been clearer! I was wondering as to the location of the HCV within the car rather than the location of the old one they removed :P... lol

I was wondering if you knew were it was, is it easy for you to reach into and wiggle to see if its loose?