Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What model is my fiesta?

Sharonjane

Hi

I have just bought a 1.25 LX fiesta, it is an n reg, registered in Feb 1996, has a petrol engine i have been told it's a zetec but i am not really sure what that means! It has 5 doors and I would like to replace the parcel shelf as the one in there is not in very good condition, when I look on eBay there seem to be loads of different models and i haven't a clue which one mine is, I also want to get a haynes manual but again there are so many variations to choose from. is anyone able to tell me more detail as to the type/model that i have? What mark etc... sorry to be so naive but i've just joined and keen to learn!

Thanks

Sharon

I would suggest looking at your log book? That is what your car is. Sometimes parcel shelves vary from 3 to 5 door cars so unless you know they are the same for both cars make sure you buy a parcel shelf from a 5 door car. To my knowledge Ford didn't make a zetec in a 1.25. However Zetec means - Z.ero E.mission T.iming E.xhuast C.ontrol - hope that helps. :)

only the zetec mk4 fiesta started off in the 1.25lx spec,earlier fiesta's were 1.0,1.1,1.3 depending on the mk.also the mk4 zetec powered models have ''zetec s'' on the engine cover and they have an oval rad grill

the haynes manual you need is the green covered manual

I would suggest looking at your log book? That is what your car is. Sometimes parcel shelves vary from 3 to 5 door cars so unless you know they are the same for both cars make sure you buy a parcel shelf from a 5 door car. To my knowledge Ford didn't make a zetec in a 1.25. However Zetec means - Z.ero E.mission T.iming E.xhuast C.ontrol - hope that helps. :)

then i suggest to revise your knowledge,i have a 1.25lx as does my mate :)

the 1.25lx is one of the most popular models.

Hi

I have just bought a 1.25 LX fiesta, it is an n reg, registered in Feb 1996, has a petrol engine i have been told it's a zetec but i am not really sure what that means! It has 5 doors and I would like to replace the parcel shelf as the one in there is not in very good condition, when I look on ebay there seem to be loads of different models and i haven't a clue which one mine is, I also want to get a haynes manual but again there are so many variations to choose from. is anyone able to tell me more detail as to the type/model that i have? What mark etc... sorry to be so naive but i've just joined and keen to learn!

Thanks

Sharon

Ford's model range usually start at L or LX for the basic models, Zetec is usually a mid-range and Ghia / Titanium are the higher end models.

Also, to confuse matters, Ford also make an engine called a 'Zetec'.

So, from the information you have supplied we can assume the model you have is LX and the engine type is Zetec.

Try a local breakers yard for a parcel shelf as you can check you have the right one before you leave.

Here is a link to the Haynes manual you need:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/...1&langId=-1

Hope this helps.

You have a mk4 fiesta so any haynes manual going from 1996 to 1999 will do.

I would think similar to the mk3's any car from the same range eg the Mk4's will have parts to fit yours but I would look around to double check that.

Thanks for your reply, I will check the logbook when it comes through all i have at the moment is the V5C/2 tear off section so not much detail on there. helpful advice too about the possible variation of the parcel shelf.

Ford's model range usually start at L or LX for the basic models, Zetec is usually a mid-range and Ghia / Titanium are the higher end models.

Also, to confuse matters, Ford also make an engine called a 'Zetec'.

So, from the information you have supplied we can assume the model you have is LX and the engine type is Zetec.

Try a local breakers yard for a parcel shelf as you can check you have the right one before you leave.

Here is a link to the Haynes manual you need:

http://www.haynes.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/...1&langId=-1

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply - really helpful

You have a mk4 fiesta so any haynes manual going from 1996 to 1999 will do.

I would think similar to the mk3's any car from the same range eg the Mk4's will have parts to fit yours but I would look around to double check that.

Thanks for your reply - very helpful

only the zetec mk4 fiesta started off in the 1.25lx spec,earlier fiesta's were 1.0,1.1,1.3 depending on the mk.also the mk4 zetec powered models have ''zetec s'' on the engine cover and they have an oval rad grill

the haynes manual you need is the green covered manual

Thanks that's helpful

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club