Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

When I activated cc I only used the configuration page. I read PCM then checked integrated speed control ad then clicked write to PCM. It only took a matter of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I tried this the first time, but it didn't work! I wrote about it a couple of pages earlier.

Maybe there is a clue to what's going on in the fact that I never get the message about the non-empty VID block... :wacko:

Maybe I should try to do it with an older version of ElmConfig?

One thing that I find strange (I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be) is that when I click the "Read from PCM" button on the Configuration page, the Integrated Cruise Control check-box is not ticked. Is that normal?

No, this is not normal and indicates your PCM did not accept your configuration. After you tick the box, write to the module and then read from it, the box should stay ticked.

I assume this was because you wrote a non-empty VID block back to the PCM. Since you did not get any prompts about the VID block you couldn't do anything about it. It might be a good idea to contact Sergej, the author of the ElmConfig software. Also, you could try another version of ElmConfig if that could somehow help. Sorry, no other ideas.

Actually, you could try this:

1. check the "Integrated Cruise Control" checkbox first
  2. then, read firmware from PCM to file
  3. write file to PCM
  4. hope it works?

Thanks Igor. I'll give it a try, and I'll also try to activate it using version 2.10 of ElmConfig. Yeah, I thought about contacting Sergey but I want to make sure that I really try all the options before I do that.

Thanks Igor. I'll give it a try, and I'll also try to activate it using version 2.10 of ElmConfig. Yeah, I thought about contacting Sergey but I want to make sure that I really try all the options before I do that.

Which version of ElmConfig did you use the first time?

Which version of ElmConfig did you use the first time?

The latest one (afaik), 0.2.16c.

OK, just to inform you that I can't use an older version of ElmConfig as they don't support my type of PCM (EDC16C34-2).

Hi I'm new here (lost virginity post)

Hi everyone :D

I'm trying to get cruise control on my 2008 Focus ST Facelift.

Has anyone tried the stalk like these to get the cruise working on this model?

Many Thanks In advance

Steering-font-b-Wheel-b-font-font-b-Cont

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/zeshen-Steering-Wheel-Control-Buttons-Audio-Volume-Constant-Speed-Cruise-Control-switch-for-Ford-for-Focus/1904388520.html

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i enable cruise control a few months ago .Now when i check the settings on PCM with the elm327 and i click read from PCM the speed integrated control it is not checked but the cruise control works.At GEM and HEC is checked.

I am worried because when i press the mechanicai clutch when i am driving (with the cruise control speed enable) for half a second the throttle stays, after a few times enable-disable cruise control when i press the mechanical clutch the throttle drops immediately like when i am driving without cruise control.

I make the procedure again from the beggining and i fix it

I want to activate cc to a friend of mine ho has the focus 2008 .Has the facelift model the same gem connector 103 with the brown wire attached to pin 10 and white wire attached to pin 18 with the pre-facelift model 2006? With a quick look i see the two switches on the brake pedal and a black on the clutch pedal.Of course i make the same procedure (elm 327) like mine

Thanks Firefighter

So would this procedure work on a 2008 facelift ST225~?

Hello, first my car config:

Ford Focus MK2 2.0 Sport style TDCI136 year 2007. Steering wheel with 3 spoke (Sport steering wheel):

AETV38955485_5b.jpg

My GEM number (i got it with Elmconfig): 4M5T-14A073-DJ

Is there any danger to activate the airbag by mistake if i remove the car battery?

I want to mount this pack:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-High-quality-Steering-wheel-Audio-channel-and-Constant-speed-cruise-control-button-For-2005/1913258268.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.33.Jdro0q

Or this one, i dont know the differences and the PROs and CONs:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Steering-Wheel-Control-Buttons-Audio-Volume-Constant-Speed-Cruise-Control-switch-for-Ford-for-Focus-05/32317737132.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.86.ymt3dL

Can you tell me if the guide on first page is the one to follow for my config? If not can you tell me the good guide to follow?

Thank you!

Edited by int0x13

I make the procedure again from the beggining and i fix it

At 8:16 light at the board? I dont see anything in your video, what do you talk about?

EDIT: OK i've seen it! Sorry i've missed it at the first time.

Edited by int0x13

Hello, first my car config:

Ford Focus MK2 2.0 Sport style TDCI136 year 2007. Steering wheel with 3 spoke (Sport steering wheel):

AETV38955485_5b.jpg

My GEM number (i got it with Elmconfig): 4M5T-14A073-DJ

Is there any danger to activate the airbag by mistake if i remove the car battery?

I want to mount this pack:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-High-quality-Steering-wheel-Audio-channel-and-Constant-speed-cruise-control-button-For-2005/1913258268.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.33.Jdro0q

Or this one, i dont know the differences and the PROs and CONs:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Steering-Wheel-Control-Buttons-Audio-Volume-Constant-Speed-Cruise-Control-switch-for-Ford-for-Focus-05/32317737132.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.86.ymt3dL

Can you tell me if the guide on first page is the one to follow for my config? If not can you tell me the good guide to follow?

Thank you!

First switch listing is for a 4 spoke steering wheel only.

Second listing is not OEM but a good compromise (saves buying a new wheel/airbag cover).

Before doing anything near an airbag it is essential to disconnect the battery and wait at least 20 minutes before doing anything else.

Thanks Firefighter

So would this procedure work on a 2008 facelift ST225~?

if the switches and the cables exist i think yes ,but i'm not sure

First switch listing is for a 4 spoke steering wheel only.

Second listing is not OEM but a good compromise (saves buying a new wheel/airbag cover).

Before doing anything near an airbag it is essential to disconnect the battery and wait at least 20 minutes before doing anything else.

My first link only for 4 spokes? Then explain me this:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/4095935/

So if you disconnect the battery for enough time, it's 100% safe to mess with the airbag? I mean remove it from the wheel.

I'll give you that one.

I was viewing on my phone and the details were 3/4 obscured by a cookie warning banner.

My first link only for 4 spokes? Then explain me this:

https://www.drive2.ru/l/4095935/

So if you disconnect the battery for enough time, it's 100% safe to mess with the airbag? I mean remove it from the wheel.

I was considering the steering wheel buttons but decided it would look too ugly on a 3-spoke wheel. Those buttons really are meant for the 4-spoke wheel. Although, having the buttons on steering is more convenient than on the radio stalk...

I was considering the steering wheel buttons but decided it would look too ugly on a 3-spoke wheel. Those buttons really are meant for the 4-spoke wheel. Although, having the buttons on steering is more convenient than on the radio stalk...

You were considering? What do you mean, what is your choice? You say that this kit looks ugly on 3 spokes wheel? Why so?

Do you have the same 3 spokes sport steering wheel as mine on your TDCI IGOR?

HTB1_a7SFFXXXXXAaXXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

And YES, 100% agree that it's more convenient to have the button around the wheel than on the left side with the radio buttons. I'm not sure about which guide or tutorial to follow though. Is there a good one in english or better a complete video tutorial? To mount the cheap Chinese kit from aliexpress.

I don't think anyone had ever installed that kit and made a guide, however if memory serves me correctly....

When you remove the airbag, you should have two connectors underneath for the cruise control. It should be a case of just plug them in. Then I would say the !Removed! of the buttons should be straight into the cowling of the steering wheel covrt

You were considering? What do you mean, what is your choice? You say that this kit looks ugly on 3 spokes wheel? Why so?

And YES, 100% agree that it's more convenient to have the button around the wheel than on the left side with the radio buttons. I'm not sure about which guide or tutorial to follow though. Is there a good one in english or better a complete video tutorial? To mount the cheap Chinese kit from aliexpress.

Yes, I have the same 3-spoke steering. If you mount the switches on a 3-spoke wheel you're left with gaps between the spokes and switch banks. In my eye that's ugly, but I'm no expert. I first wanted to mount a 4-way switch on the back side of the left spoke of the steering wheel but didn't have the courage to disassemble the wheel and drill holes in it. In the end I mounted a 4-way switch on the radio stalk. A bit fiddly to use but it's fine once I got used to it. Here are some photos: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/30008-guide-fitting-cruise-control-focus-mk2-mk25-and-ford-c-max/page-37#entry465318

A good tutorial is a great idea but the problem is new versions of the software keep coming and people keep finding out new things about the process so it would be a pain to keep the tutorial up to date, with videos and all. I thought about making one but it seemed like too much work keeping it up to date. I suggest you read this thread 10 pages back and come back with questions. We're here.

There are some tutorials on the Russian Ford Focus forum but I can only find the 4-spoke ones.

This one is 3-spoke using Mazda Tribute buttons: http://ffclub.ru/topic/3475/jump_6930/?pid=15720021#entry15720021 Doesn't look too bad actually

Use Google Translate :)

Hi I'm new here (lost virginity post)

Hi everyone :D

I'm trying to get cruise control on my 2008 Focus ST Facelift.

Has anyone tried the stalk like these to get the cruise working on this model?

Many Thanks In advance

Steering-font-b-Wheel-b-font-font-b-Cont

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/zeshen-Steering-Wheel-Control-Buttons-Audio-Volume-Constant-Speed-Cruise-Control-switch-for-Ford-for-Focus/1904388520.html

Maybe this guide can help you https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqai9oo9miyr1h5/monta.doc?dl=0

• Like 1

I don't suppose anyone can translate Chinese? lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club