Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Bite Worry

scatty247

hi all thumbsup.gif ,

well i finally traded in my beloved zetec s banger for a newer car. against all friends advice i stuck with ford cause i love and know them.....or at least thought i did.

i now have a 2008 2.0l titanium x petrol mondeo which i am struggling to love due to the strangly high bite on clutch. YES i am a woman but before i get any rolled eyes i drive like a man and thouroghly enjoy driving. i have driven many cars all sizes makes years and wrecks and have always found give me an hour with any car and i'll drive it like i've owned it years! i've now had this car a week and i'm still pulling away rough in 1st and second i've even stalled it a few times this is not like me at all and i'm wondering if its me or the car. it seems quite under powered too. i had a freind try it today and he said the bite is at the very top which could mean clutch going or it could just be that way from new. the car had one owner from new and only 28k on the clock. i tried the standstill start from 3rd and 4th but i used gas and it manged 3rd well 4th not great but now i've read some say you should not use the gas some say you should, some say if it pulls away clutch good if it pulls away bad any help please

A lot of Fords do tend to have a high bite point.

If you do feel that the bite is too high then asking a mechanic is always the best option.

Be sure that they don't tell you things just to push any unneccesary work on the clutch though.

Clive is right and sometimes it's totally different even on the same models. My Fiesta has a low bite, whereas both my MK1 Punto Sporting and my MK2 Punto (RIP to both) had really high biting points. It took me ages to get used to it at first because I couldn't help but pull away like I was trying to race someone with the engine screaming. I was stopped by the police one night because he thought I was trying to 'show off' when I pulled away from some lights, but this car was genuinely hard to drive smooth!

You will get used to it in times, and nice choice of car and engine! The Mondeos with good engines really fly **Wishes there were a smiley with a halo**

**Wishes there were a smiley with a halo**

rolleye_15.gif

Like this un?

lol and cheers i does love my fords but as family getting bigger having to trade rallying around for big cars and loved my last mondeo it was big and heavy but had the smoothest engine and gears i've ever owned. i'll see how it goes for a while just so frustrating looking like a learner its getting me really wound up. the friend that had a look at it said a ford tech at his work has said it was unusually high but it could mean its on its way out or not unless i get symptoms no real way to tell

rolleye_15.gif

Like this un?

That's the one lol :D

When I bought the MK2 Punto I was convinced the clutch would need changing within a few thousand miles because the bite was so high, but it went on and on. I used it as a bargaining point when I bought the car because I genuinely believed it would need changing pretty soon lol. The car was really reliable which is unusual being a Punto - but when I bought my Fiesta I really learnt why it's such a popular hatchback. The drive is perfect with a nice tight gear change and responsive little revvy engine. A much better drive than the Punto was so I think when I replace my current car I'll look for a newer Fiesta because I can't fault it at all :)

my dads got a fiesta and he loves it its only a 1.6 but it used to leave my old mondeo for dust on the motorway only way i could catch up was on streets as i knew how to throw it around. its gonna take me a while to get used to this beast i think :unsure:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club