Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Does My Focus Not Have An Instrument Dim Switch?

ts7

Hi,

I was sitting in friends Focus Zetec (2005) and realised the lighting behind his controls (heater switch, fan speed etc etc) was dim. He showed me a dimmer control which is located next to the headlight adjustment controls.

I looked in my 2007 Focus Zetec Climate and I don't have it.

That's a bit bizzare? My car is newer, also a Zetec and it doesn't have the same features?

It does appear a bit random.

I have fitted a dimmer myself, all you have to do is swap the switch units over and no other fiddling is required.

This is the one you need.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-CMAX-LIGHT-CONTROL-SWITCH-3M5T13A024BA-/170735390858?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c09f508a

I got mine from this seller and it works a treat.

That is typical of Ford, when you buy a Ford you can never be sure what will be fitted even if it the same model and year. As a guess, it could even be down to the guy who fits a particular part to the car didn't turn up to work that day so the part he usually fitted got missed out. <_<

My car is a 2009 zetec model and doesn't have one. I'm afraid its just cost-cutting on the part of Ford :o

Lots of car manufacturers do this to save money, they remove little things from cars that 99% of drivers wouldn't even notice. Another example is the low washer warning - the early mk2 models had it, and very few of the later models had it.

Another example is the low washer warning - the early mk2 models had it, and very few of the later models had it.

Dont get me going on that :angry: :angry:

I agree, some trim levels, are completely random, even Ford themselves have no idea half of the time.....

That is random as I would have thought the Zetec would have the dimmer switch. Its on my Sport thank goodness as the satnav/radio unit is really bright at night and I have to dim it with the dash lights.

• 1 year later...

On the note of fitting a new headlight switch, will the dimmer control work if this is reto fitted?

simply unplug the old switch and put in the new one done it on my 2006 zetec climate easy mod to do and does help a lot

Nice one. I've got a 06 Zetec climate and was hoping to fit one of these and then install led lighting and controll them from the dimmer switch.

They used to do this on the MK1 Focus too. I had a 2004 model that didn't have it and a friend had a 1999 that did. I simply picked one up from a scrap year, fitted it in about 5 mins and it all worked perfectly!

It does seem random at times, whats fitted and what isnt. The mk3 mondys have a similar problem as to whether the dimmer is on or not. But its an easy fix as the switch unit is plug and play so take one out and fit the unit with a dimmer and your away. There were also wiring looms to add extras. With the mk3s, when it got to the facelifts, as time went on the wiring looms started to be removed, so heated seats, climate control, rear electric windows etc were harder to retrofit on the later models.

On the note of fitting a new headlight switch, will the dimmer control work if this is reto fitted?

Look at my guide list for how to fit the dimmer switch.

Will the dimmer from a C-Max fit. The code is the same but ends DA not BA like in Stoney's guide.

I know that the mondeo one won't fit as its too big.

If it is the same dimensions then shouldn't be a drama.

You could also fit one with the auto headlight notch if no others are available bearing in mind the auto setting won't work without sensor etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club