Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help!!! Car Start Probs

Termite111

Hey guys really hoping you can shed some light on my problem as my local garage has had the car 2times and doesn't know what the problem is :s

Basically my car SOMETIMES fails to start. The garage say its not the starter motor first off

First thing In the mornings it's absolutely fine but the more I use it throughout the day the worse my problem gets. First of all it ticks over for 3-4 secs before the engine firing up and after a while it won't start at all it will just keep ticking over. I have to floor the accelerator the turn in the ignition to get it going (just)

I've tried a new battery and it's the same still.

Like I say the garage don't know what it is and are guessing it could be needing a new fuel pump. But I dont want to do this when they only THINK its the pump. ( I would of thought it would struggle when running if this was the case)

Is there any filters that may need replacing

Please any info is good

Regards steve

Could possibly be a faulty crankshaft sensor, failing as it heats up.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club