Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking

Shawy

I'm looking to buy a focus on a 51 plate. The seller just told me the central locking works if u put the key in the lock bt not on the key fob. What the cause of these problems? I no it cud just b the battery bt is there a more serious cause to this problem?

Could be the fob battery or the fob needs reprogramming to the car.

Doubt it would be the central locking module or the key wouldn't lock all the doors at once.

Do they have two keys?

If so try both.

He as both keys bt don't say if they both worked or not. I'm goin for a test drive tomora so will find out more details abt it. I don't want to buy a car and it cost me loads to get the problem fixed. My last car did the same when I ad my ecu re-wired so I changed the battery and it din't wrk cud it b a cause of the ecu?

Its possibly water getting into the electrics, my last Ford, a 1999 Mondeo leaked like a sieve, had the same locking problem and a new key battery didn't cure it. Check for wet carpets, if they are dry you may be lucky and get away with a new key battery, but as batteries are cheap I would have thought the seller would have tried this already.

Wud the key fob affect any other part of the car like electric windows, mirrors or radio things like that?

Wud the key fob affect any other part of the car like electric windows, mirrors or radio things like that?

Only Global Opening Windows on some cars, but unlikely on a 2002 Zetec.

Hi, I have similair remote key problems on my 02 focus, I tried a new battery, but that gave no improvements. The fault has now been diagnosed as the buttons in the remote breaking down inside and not functioning properly, apparently this is a common problem. Ford charge about £160 for a replacement key, and that price includes programming. Hope this is of some help to you.

Dan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club