Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quad Exhaust Unusuall Problem

liam-20

hey guys i currantly have quad exhaust system on my car picture below

120.jpg

now for some reason the tail pipe to the far right all ways seems to be covered in black carbon deposits on the out lip where as the other 3 stay fairly clean just wondering if anyone else has had this happen on them and could anyone recommed me good exhaust cleaner? cheers liam

Could it be because that pipe is pushing out at a lower pressure than the other three?

Which is closest to the box?

Start the car and put your palm on each in turn so as to gauge if they are equal pressure.

Make sure the pipes are not too hot to touch first.

sounds normal to me i used to use some petrol to clean it up though a metal polish would be better 1pipes the main the others just branch off and have lower pressure the other pipes dont do much mainly they are just for show the exhaust gas will take the most direct route thats your pipe that needs cleaned little comes out the others so they are clean

• Like 1

this is how the exhaust looks off the car id have thought the most direct route would of been the first one on the left

IMG_0532.png

• Like 1

As I say it may well be that as the far right one is the farthest from the box it may not be getting enough pressure to blow all the deposits clear.

• Like 1

actually no look at the weld at the its off centre to the left like the left pipes an afterthought and the right has a natural curve so the gas will head to the right pipe

• Like 1

ok no worries cheers for the replys nowt i can do now so ill just keep cleaning it as it gets dirty cheers. liam

• Like 1

its the best way any type of metal polish does the trick then a wipe with wd40 will clean it up also

• Like 1

this is why i got black painted exhaust trims, i had a similar issue with my last car and could be bothered cleaning the tail pipes every other week

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi, what exhaust is that and how much was it ? cheers

• Like 1

Im guessing it was a powerflow or longlife exhaust

They can both make whatever you want

• Like 1

The one on mine is a powerflow cost 250 from deeside powerflow extra 50 quid for the other pipe which I havnt had put on yet

• Like 1

I recently had a full longlife system fitted to my focus, it has a single pipe so not as extravagent as the ones above but it was £299 for the full system (this comes with a choice of either a 2.5" rolled in / out or a 1.5" rolled in or out) personally i thought that would look stupid so i paid extra for a 3" oval (should have been an extra £45 but i managed to get a dropped one (slight ding on the back but its out of sight under the bumper) for a tenner.

image1(1)

• Like 1

As I say it may well be that as the far right one is the farthest from the box it may not be getting enough pressure to blow all the deposits clear.

+1 i agree with Clive 100%

You should see mine in the Diesel :lol: stay clean for 3 days if im lucky,

Ive used many products on my duplex,

Most effective ive found was MucOff bottle of pink liquid,

I also use a steam cleaner.

Heres a picture of my pipes today lol

IMG_20150322_064200_zpserubtm01.jpg

IMG_20150322_064208_zps014bqzhg.jpg

Should look like this when clean:

Image2323.jpg

People be like " Damn that ST burns alot of oil" lol

Hi, what exhaust is that and how much was it ? cheers

Mines a Piper Exhaust,

Purchased off the shelf from ZenSport for 400 with choice of tips,

Goes from cat back built from T304 Aircraft Stainless Steel

Yeah they look good but i dont really want to spend 400 lol is there any cheap tail pipes or anything off the shelf only want it to look good in the diffuser ?

• Like 1

Yeah they look good but i dont really want to spend 400 lol is there any cheap tail pipes or anything off the shelf only want it to look good in the diffuser ?

your best bet is a 2nd hand one of eBay

there is a guy selling his ST tail pipes on another forum

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/classifieds/item/39898-bits-for-sale/

• Like 1

You could always go to SparesWorld and get a Stateside cherry bomb for £39 a side..........

Ultimately you get what you pay for. Yes stainless steel systems are expensive but most will come with a lifetime guarantee and probably outlive the car, when you take that into consideration its not that expensive in the long run.

I bought mine after my rear box and tailpipe had an advisory on the MOT due to rot.

Ford wanted £192 for the centre section (pipe to rear box by fuel tank) and £66 for 12" of pipe to go from the tank to the bumper.

Thats £258 before fitting...... £299 for my system fitted doesn't seem that steep now.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

yeahh that's true, thanks for the advice guys I got in touch with longlife and they quoted me £170 for tail pipe section or £ 300 from the manifold back.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club