Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Wheel Bearing

andyt54

Ok, I've had my brakes done all round, front and rear discs and pads, ran out of money for the wheel bearing, so hopefully this week.... My prob is my motor factor quoted me£45 for the whole unit/ kit whatever that is lol, yet l oohing online at euro car parts it's just a bearing ????? I'm lost, garage down the road said he would fit it for £80 but needs the car all day as they can be difficult to do, but my mate said he will do it cheaper, how hard can it be he said lol,.... What do I need, the unit or the bearing, I'm confused.com, cheers in advance.....2001 mondeo 2 lt petrol front bearing

hi the front is bearing only which has to be pressed into the hub so you have to strip down hub remove lower arm trackrod/tierod end the lower arm ball joint to be loosened off and removed from hub remove brake caliper of hub but leave it connected to brake pipe no bleeding system then.oh undo driveshaft nut when car on ground easier then :D.then once hub is removed remove circlip and press out bearings.

The rears is a complete unit about £45 quid so maybe they priced up wrong part..

how ever when i had my vectra i paid £20 quid 4 hub assembly 2nd hand and had job done in hr on roadside.

Your looking at that just 4 the bearing so it depends which way you want to do it i hope this is some help to you regards pete B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club