Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Fitted Bulbs

tootall

Ive seen a advert on this forum saying standard factory fitted bulbs in cars are not that very bright and buying new ones can greatly improve headlight performance. Can any one confirm this themselves and any brand of bulb they can recognise? Thanks.

Oh I drive a Mk 4 Modeo Estate

It's definitely worth changing them.

Factory bulbs tend to have a horrible yellow tint to them and just don't seem to have much range to them.

A few of us here haun fitted Osram nightbreakers or cool blue intense bulbs with good results.

They have a blue tint to the glass which filters the yellow out leaving a cleaner white light which has better penetration and range.

It's definitely worth changing them.

Factory bulbs tend to have a horrible yellow tint to them and just don't seem to have much range to them.

A few of us here haun fitted Osram nightbreakers or cool blue intense bulbs with good results.

They have a blue tint to the glass which filters the yellow out leaving a cleaner white light which has better penetration and range.

+1

Theres been many a discussion on this subject. I personally went for the cool blues.

Thats Brilliant Stoney871 and Brigante, thank you for your reply's. Previous cars I haven't liked the light coming from them and have had HID conversions put on them, but I read even though they go through a MOT they were not legal with out self balancing or washers on them. I thought buying a pretty new car the headlights would be better and was disappointed by the light emitted. So really pleased I can get more light from changing the bulbs. I do like the brighter white look. Thank you again!

I fitted phillips extreme 100% bulbs and they're decent. They're meant to be 100% brighter than factory fitted and let you see quite abit further especially when on country roads etc

• 2 weeks later...