Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarms

Justnin

Hi All,

I have an 07 Focus 1.8TDCI Hatch, I will reserve my comment on the quality and performance. My problem is the alarm keeps on going off for no reason. I have checked all of the obvious clues doors closed, windows closed etc. There do not appear to be any interior sensors as indicated in the owners manual.

I have booked it in at the local dealership but judging from thier initial response, we may be in for a lot of screaming and shouting.

My neighbour has suggested that the alarm is going off because the car is parked on an incline at home.

Any clues?

JI

• 1 year later...

Hi

I have just come across your post and have the same problem with my Focus 08

I was just wondering if you got any answers? mine has been into the main dealer twice with no result.

had this problem with a couple of mondeos turned out to be a faulty bonnet switch.

had this problem with a couple of mondeos turned out to be a faulty bonnet switch.

before reading the last reply I was gunna mention the same thing, have you tried opening the bonnet and making sure the mechanism is definitly closed when the bonnets shut, it could be confuzing the car into thinking that somebody is trying to steal parts of the engine, as far as parking it on an incline goes.. personally i think thats rubbish. not an expert though.

have to agree does the dash show the door open symbol if not then its not a faulty door switch so likely its the bonnet or boot switch thats faulty

the performance is on par with most diesels the build quality isnt great but its better than its lower priced counterparts

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club