Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Car Radio Aux Input

petrol head

My 59 plate 1.6 focus zetec s stereo, won't engage the auxilary input when i plug my ipod into it

Is there any sound whatsoever (e.g radio?) Or is there just silence? Have you turned the volume right up? Does the radio say "Aux" or anything? Does the radio work as normal with regards to radio, CDs etc?

I connect my ipod via a 3.5mm male to ipod connection, i press aux on my radio, and the first time i connected it it worked, now when i press it, aux flashes up then instantly goes back to radio

Hmm, in that case, no idea, sorry. The only thing I can think of is maybe the Aux cable is damaged/come out of the back of the head unit? No idea if that is possible or even if that would cause the symptoms you described, but I genuinely don't know what else it could be.

Maybe, i may have to get the garage to look at it, thank u anyway

First i'd reset the radio by pulling the fuse gor a few minutes (check you have your radio code first).

Next option is to check the aux from socket to the back of the radio, the sockets can be a bit flaky as the two parts can move apart from each other and cause misalignment of the contacts.

Then check the c block in the quadlock connector on the radio is seated properly and the wires are secure.

Maybe, i may have to get the garage to look at it, thank u anyway

If you want a cheaper option, you could try getting some radio removal keys from eBay. They're probably only a fiver or less, and they're always good to have anyway. Take the radio out (make sure you know the radio code!) and have a look at the aux cable, to see if it's still in place and in good condition. A garage may charge a lot and not even solve the problem.

Does it switch to CD etc, because if not and it's stuck on FM radio, then the FM/AM button may be stuck on, as if it's always being pressed, in which case some compressed air blown onto the button may be able to loosen it up.

Hope this helps, and you get your problem sorted! :).

if you have a smart phone or another mp3 player, can you plug these in and be sure its nothing other than the aux input?

Thank you all for all your help, i think i have solved the problem, i worked out that you have to press the aux button first, the plug the cable in, then attach the ipod.

Thank you all again for all your help

That's strange, I don't have to do anything like that for mine to work.

Ah well, at least you got it sorted! :).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club