Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch potential issues

mcouchard

Hi I bought a 2005 1.6 zetec petrol focus a month ago with 83k on clock.

The clutch spring sqeaks when depressed and no amount of WD40 makes any differrence is this a prob? My mate has same prob with a 53 plate model lower milage.

Also I suspect the clutch maybe on way out :( and as vehicle is covered by 6 month warranty I would like to claim asap. The car had problems accelerating onto the motorway from the slip road the other day admittedly it was up hill and my wife was driving but it was very slow between 50 and 60 could this be the clutch slipping also get a noise when I try to accelerate hard in the car noticable most in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Also only got 360 miles out of last tank (29.75mpg) could this be due to clutch slippage. Also wife has trouble getting reverse gear?

Many thanks, Matthew

The clutch spring squeaking is a common problem. Its more common on the fiesta though. Think there is a replacement spring but you'll have to fork out for it yourself.

It sounds like your clutch is on its way out. 83k isn't that bad for the life of a clutch

The clutch spring squeaking is a common problem. Its more common on the fiesta though. Think there is a replacement spring but you'll have to fork out for it yourself.

It sounds like your clutch is on its way out. 83k isn't that bad for the life of a clutch

Thanks, I don't suppose there is much chance of trying to getting the clutch replaced until it fails? Is there a way I can check it to demonstrate it to the garage, without taking it off obviously?

Thanks Matthew

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club