Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Hole :(

BeccaaCat

Apparently my front tyre was more worn down than I thought!
Found out yesterday I had a flat tyre, and the OH was just checking it over to see if he could find the hole... what he found was a hole big enough to put my finger in (about an inch wide) and a lot of the wire/mesh stuff on show.

How did this big hole happen? I went over a pothole on Monday, and because the tyres were worn it just went pop.

Oopsy... :unsure:

That is rather worrying!

Was the tyre above the legal minimum? I have only ever heard of that happening on slicks!

Well I thought it was... obviously the inside wasn't o_o

I knew it was going to need changing this month as it was pushing it but didn't really expect this!

always worth keeping an eye on it, but if the inner has worn out that much and the center / outer is fine, then you have an alignment problem anyway that needs to be looked at!

Yea I think I'm definitely going to keep a closer eye on it now! Although I'm getting a brand new Avon ZZ3 put on it, and eventually will have them all around so I'm hoping they'll be a bit more durable than the cheapy cheap tyres I have on it right now lol.

As for the alignment it's due a service very soon so I'll make sure to mention it to them!

I have read here that Ford tend to do free alignment, so if you wanted it seeing to sooner, give your dealer a call they may squeeze you in!

Oo thank you! I'll have to call my saleslady lol :p

Got to be worth a shot!

Yeah ford does free alignment but it isn't all ford dealers that do, check the ford website and find dealers nearest to you that offer the free alignment service.

This alignment issue is pretty bad. 3 points for a tyre in that condition. It will also force more stress on the car hence more fuel used.

I don't know how soon your service is but i would recommend getting the alignment done ASAP since it's free. A little side note, after the fitment of your new tyres take it a bit easy on the road give the tyres time to wear it, there is a protective layer of oil on new tyres to preserve them, it needs to be worn off, until then the grip level will be shockingly bad.

Although I'm getting a brand new Avon ZZ3 put on it, and eventually will have them all around so I'm hoping they'll be a bit more durable than the cheapy cheap tyres I have on it right now lol.

I use ZZ3 and strongly recommend them.

They're very hard wearing and grip like Velcro.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club