Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Heat Sensitive Paint - The Next Big Thing In Modding!?

jamesm182

http://www.carthrottle.com/this-heat-sensitive-paint-will-be-the-next-big-thing-in-modding/

Just spotted this and wondered what you guys thought of this!?

Looks a bit nuts but could be quite cool. After a long journey it could change colour near exhaust tips/bonnet etc or the car would be a different colour in summer/winter.

Different but interesting? Is this going to be the next big thing?

I like the idea, but as you see in that clip, half your car will look like some pleb has thrown paint remover all over it.

When it comes to heat, one side of the car will change more than the other (sunlight) the only time it would work, is night, or out of sunlight and rain. Then your car overall adjusts to a higher or lower temperature, and all changes at the same time.

I dont think I would be investing any time soon, even if it was only a couple of quid!

I like the idea, but as you see in that clip, half your car will look like some pleb has thrown paint remover all over it.

When it comes to heat, one side of the car will change more than the other (sunlight) the only time it would work, is night, or out of sunlight and rain. Then your car overall adjusts to a higher or lower temperature, and all changes at the same time.

I dont think I would be investing any time soon, even if it was only a couple of quid!

Fair enough I can see what you mean and I don't think it would be for me. I'm sure there will be a few people who will give it a go though just to be different! :afro:

Now if they invented Predator cam that worked perfectly I'd like that.

Ideal for waiting up in the Lay-By without the reflective stripes giving me away ;)

• Like 1

Hmmm, wonder what the cops/DVLA are going to think of it...

• Like 1

I'd like to see what colour you put in the log book :lol:

• Like 2

Officer - do you own an orange Skyline seen driving like Lenny on roundabouts?

Skyline owner - No, i don't drive like that and mine is a black one :lol:

• Like 2

Officer - do you own an orange Skyline seen driving like Lenny on roundabouts?

Skyline owner - No, i don't drive like that and mine is a black one :lol:

:lol: sssshhhhh!!

Get me a name ya will.

• Like 2

I'd like to see what colour you put in the log book :lol:

Living in the UK I'd suggest it will be black! :lol:

• Like 1

I like the idea Clive - now that is a truely undercover cop car - especially if you get a camo one. Look behind you and you can only see the road, then all of a sudden, you flick a switch and its like the cop car materializes behind the bad guy...

That would release a few fragrances in most tugged car's interior!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club