Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

More Power From Fiesta Zetec S?

jamesturner94

hi,

i have a fiesta zetec s and i am looking to get more power from it?

i have heard that a remap takes it to 140hp

also that mountune do a 155hp kit

after 155hp how do i get more power from the engine then?

i was thinking a bigger intercooler, along with a focus turbo?

would really appreciate any help

cheers

Welcome to the club James.

I would think the Mountune route would be a good route to go down. They do either a 140ps or 155ps upgrade. They won't be cheap but it will be good quality and Ford approved. Going past this will be quite difficult due to the fact it is a naturally aspirated engine and also it will be quite expensive. Depends how much money you want to throw at it before you get to the point at which it's cheaper to buy a more powerful car to start with or drop a different engine in there.

I would imagine the 155 mountune package would be a great drive and a well rounded package in a Fiesta.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome!

It sounds like you already know how to make your car quicker

Once you have remapped the car, the power increases can often have deminishing returns, so for the remap, it has a significant gain for not too much money, then to get a smaller additional improvement, you have to spend quite a bit more - and once you start spending a lot of money, you may have been better off getting an ST in the 1st place

On top of that a bigger turbo and intercooler can add a lot of turbo lag - ithas been said that although the 1-litre ecoboost- engined formula-Ford (with ST turbo) had 200Hp, the power/ throttle was like a "switch" (poor drivability) which may be ok for a very lightweight "race" car, but not so good for a heavier road car

Nevertheless - im interested to find out what will be possible (and still driveable/ practical) myself

• Like 1

If the 1.6 turbo lags like stuff; twin-charge the sod? :P

• Like 1

2010 Zetec S.

What engine is this?

My money was on a 1-litre ecoboost judging by the references to intercoolers and turbos -

hi,

i have a fiesta zetec s and i am looking to get more power from it?i have heard that a remap takes it to 140hp

also that mountune do a 155hp kit

after 155hp how do i get more power from the engine then?

i was thinking a bigger intercooler, along with a focus turbo?

would really appreciate any help

cheers

i think James thinks its an NA 1.6?

the OP could always tell us which engine/ size or petrol diesel etc but then we would not have hours/days of fun / misunderstandings guessing which engine etc it is :lol::lol::lol:

Hey,

I have a 140 mountune fiesta, had it 6 months now looking for a power upgrade in the shape of a 155 kit.

I highly suggest mountune. Get the 155 then see if you want more power because you might be surprised at how good these kits are.

My car handles just as well as my boyfriends focus RS so we're evenly matched in the corners :p

Ps.... 2010 zetec s engine is a NA 1.6 ;)

Ps.... 2010 zetec s engine is a NA 1.6 ;)

Thought it was! Only the newer ones are the 1.0 ecoboost

Yea the ecoboost engine started being sold late 2012/early 2013 I think, and mountune haven't released a kit for those yet sadly :(

Remember when tuning don't just do the engine, brakes, tyres etc need treatment too.

There are also supercharger's u can buy, intercoolers not really required & you get instant torque lower down the revs than a turbo.

Ford Focus Zetec 1.0T (125 BHP), extras Zetec-S wheels and privacy glass (free from Ford), rear parking sensors, colour: Dark Micastone

• Like 2