Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light

GRAHAM46

Greetings.

I have a possible problem with my mk2 2005 Focus LX and would be grateful to you knowledgeable people if anybody has any ideas before it cost me a fortune. About two weeks ago starting the car at 06:30 in the morning to go home after a night shift the rev counter wouldn't work, after about 200 yards it went all the way around but the revs didn't, after about 2 miles it started to work as normal and has been ok since. This morning got in the car and the engine management light stayed on and the rev counter was bouncing up and down. Everything on the car works and the engine was running fine. I had to make a journey and took it easy after a few miles the light went off. No warning lights other than the engine management light are showing. Anybody able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance if anybody can help

Graham

strange symptoms thats a new one on me as always start with a free battery check at a garage after that if all is okay do the dash test there may be a fault code logged if not check thing like battery connections water in the car if all else fails youll need the codes read if any are logged

Thanks for replying. I was going to try the dash test tomorrow and check everything under the bonnet before popping to my local garage.

Graham

Definately get the battery checked, plenty of places do it. Its not too dissimilar to the gauge sweep that is normally assosciated with a flat battery, so thats a good place to start, also you may have issues with the instrument cluster. Have a look through the Ford FAQ's (link in my signature) And just see if any of that rings any bells at all. :)

• 2 months later...

So it's now February and I had completely forgotten about my warning lights as nothing happened again. I've just bought a new double din Alpine IVE-W530BT stereo for the Focus. I swapped the wiring as needed and fitted the stereo but could only get the demo mode to work as wire hadn't made a proper connection. After sorting a wire connection the stereo was working ok, by the time I had tuned the radio, set up the DVD player, and sound options etc. the battery died. I must have been sat there draining the battery longer than I thought. Anyway the moral of the story is when you get older write yourself a note to get these things checked. A quick lock at the battery fitted to the car by my local auto electrician looks like it could be the wrong type so I've bought one of the SILVER type recommended on the forums here. Thanks again for every bodies help

calcium battery all the way..... as far as im aware lead battery's only mess things up....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club