Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turn Off Seat Belt Chime?

talksy

Hi, I have a 59plate Focus 1.8 Lynx Diesel.

I have an exemption for wearing seatbelts because of a disability I have. I don't always need to take mine off, but when I do the constant chime drives me up the wall. It does eventually turn off, but it is a distraction.

Does anyone know what I need to turn it off? I'm guessing its one of the proper Ford OBDC computers.

Had even thought about getting the clip part that you plug in from a scrap yard and clipping it in as if the belt was on to shut it up when nececarry.

There are times in my job where I have exemption from using my belt and I carry one of these-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=131071207499

Works a treat.

Ahaha! That is perfect. That would save my scrap yard idea.

I will have a better look after work.

:)

Saves sitting on a belt that's for sure.

True, although can't say I have ever done that. I had no idea those things even existed!

They do, but as Clive said, you need to have exemption from wearing a belt, otherwise you will still land a ticket.

Scrapyards won't have any seat belts. They cut them out and are not allowed to sell them I don't think. Safety reasons I guess

Scrapyards won't have any seat belts. They cut them out and are not allowed to sell them I don't think. Safety reasons I guess

Good to know, I assumed they would have them, never looked in the past.

Elmconfig can turn it off

What is this? Is it something I can buy?

Thanks very much.

Woah, there are hundreds of pages.

Looks very impressive and there is a guy on the forum selling the modified cable with the switch on.

After about post 65, I skipped to the end of the thread where there were screenshots of the software in English. Have they finally released it in a non-Russian version?

Might be worth getting a cable for the small cost involved.

Higgsy beat me to it lol

I have also connected my car to my laptop using a modified elm327 cable and the elmconfig software to turn off the seatbelt chime. Not that I ever drive without my seatbelt, I just did it because I could lol

• Like 1

Higgsy beat me to it lol

I have also connected my car to my laptop using a modified elm327 cable and the elmconfig software to turn off the seatbelt chime. Not that I ever drive without my seatbelt, I just did it because I could lol

Same here:lol:

Higgsy beat me to it lol

Doing it because you could sounds good to me. Expecially when you look at what dealers charge to untick something.

Does your software come in English or is it all still in Russian. If they do it in English, I might be tempted to get myself a cable and give it a try.

I did mine using a simple trick I found on the web (maybe even this forum) a while ago - it goes something like switch on ignition to position II then click and unclick the driver's side seatbelt 9 times within 60 seconds. This has disabled the dash warning light and chime which is what I think you are looking for. I have to lean over to the passenger's side a lot to pay tolls and pull tickets from machines on the continent and the noise used to get on my nerves when I unclipped the belt, but not any more. I'll post the exact instructions when I find them (only did this a few months ago).

That's interesting. Was not aware of that. Wonder if it will work on mine, as I notice from your profile, that mine is slightly newer. If you could find the exact instructions, I will give it a go and report back.

I did mine using a simple trick I found on the web (maybe even this forum) a while ago - it goes something like switch on ignition to position II then click and unclick the driver's side seatbelt 9 times within 60 seconds. This has disabled the dash warning light and chime which is what I think you are looking for. I have to lean over to the passenger's side a lot to pay tolls and pull tickets from machines on the continent and the noise used to get on my nerves when I unclipped the belt, but not any more. I'll post the exact instructions when I find them (only did this a few months ago).

A quick google search gave this (good old Fordownersclub!), which is what I did.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/11728-how-to-activatedeactivate-chime-and-warning-light-for-seat-belt/

Also found this one which is different but does specifically cover Mk2 and newer:

http://www.focushacks.com/mod/Seat_Belt_Minder_Disable

Spot on, your first link did the job. Strange as I have a newer model, thought the instructions for the newer model would have done it but no. Anyways, thanks so much, no more chiming!

A quick google search gave this (good old Fordownersclub!), which is what I did.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/11728-how-to-activatedeactivate-chime-and-warning-light-for-seat-belt/

Also found this one which is different but does specifically cover Mk2 and newer:

http://www.focushacks.com/mod/Seat_Belt_Minder_Disable

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club