Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Make My Drl's Come On When I Unlock The Car?

Invisible Man

As above, I have installed some daytime running lights to the front of the focus....look very nice in my opinion....but I would like them to turn on when I unlock the car.

Now on my old car I had a little plug under the dash that I could tap into, but on the Focus, I'm not sure.

Ideally, I'd like to run two wires to the lights, the ones I have already installed that are on when the ignition is on and one to turn them on when the interior lamps light up

Anyone, any ideas??

Cheers

I suppose you could run a connection from the courtesy light circuit to the DRL relay in the same way as it connects to the side light circuit.

I thought about that, but then thought my interior light may stay on whilst the drl's were on via the ignition?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

The interior light feed should only impart a switching current to the DRL relay (if fitted) and only come off one wire.

The Drl's are being powered straight from the fuse box and don't have a relay....that I'm aware of anyway. I'll keep thinking, cheers mate

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Its simple and easy to do, you can add a relay as S, has suggested (single pole will do) or use diode(s)

The relay can effectively isolate the interior light from the ignition, the diode(s) could do the same

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club