Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have Just Put A Deposit Down On A Ford Focus Diesel But Worrying Now.

binka

I want a diesel partly for fuel economy but also because I intend to tow a lightweight two berth caravan. Have ordered a 2010 1.6 diesel estate 110.

Have just been reading about dpf failures and worrying that as I mainly do short journeys I could have problems.

Work is 8 miles away. First 5 miles are on a 60mph quick moving road and the last 3 through town.

So fairly short journeys in the main.

I do tend to do a longer journey but only once or twice a month, but it would be a return trip of 100miles.

Other shorter distance journeys into town for shopping, etc same as work journey.

I've had a 1.6ltr petrol car before and never went anywhere as it cost so much in fuel and really wanted diesel this time.

Thanks

You will be fine with the fuel economy. With that type of journey you should expect to see high 40s on the mpg. Where as on the long run you will be seeing 60mpg average. I've got a 09 1.6 tdci 110 and not had any problems with car. Just keep up service schedule very 12.000 miles is what ford recommend.

• Like 1

To look after the DPF you should ensure that you take it for a good run every few weeks to a month to keep it in top nick. Run it up the motorway for a junction or two to keep it in perfect health. If you cant do it that often, then look to do it every month (max 2) and you should be fine :)

Thanks both of you. I feel reassured, I can take it for a longer, faster spin every month no problem.

That should keep it in good nic :D

thats what put me off the dervs + a few other things including the price lol i do barely 5000 miles a year and 3-5 mile trips generally so i got a perv i tow a 4 berth with it copes but could do with the extra low down torque a diesel gives

To look after the DPF you should ensure that you take it for a good run every few weeks to a month to keep it in top nick. Run it up the motorway for a junction or two to keep it in perfect health. If you cant do it that often, then look to do it every month (max 2) and you should be fine :)

He lives in Lincolnshire.........he won't know what a motorway looks like :P

I live in Norfolk, I'm just getting used to those dual carriageway thingys.

• Like 1

He is a she. ;)

But yes no motorways in Lincs. Luckily am right on the border so can escape The Shire quite easily.

He is a she. ;)

But yes no motorways in Lincs. Luckily am right on the border so can escape The Shire quite easily.

He is a she. ;)

Sorry Pip. After I posted, I realised I may have got it wrong but it was too late. No offense intended -_-