Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Bearing Gone At 36K ?

greedy86

Hi there,

I've already had a wee trawl through previous topics but couldn't find the info I was looking for?

I've a 10plt ZetecS TDCi and it's just turned 36k on the clock.

I was just curious to know.....isn't this awful early for a wheel bearing to go.....?

My warranty was up 6 months ago - but do I have grounds to appeal - and get them to fix the wheel bearing?

I have read it's not a standard "wear and tear" item.....and could be described as a safety feature? Not sure how much of that is true though.

Anyways.....thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Out of warranty, you've next to no chance with Ford. It never hurts to ask though.

In either case, you would have to read the warranty documents to find out if it was ever covered. From what I've read you would have had to pay more for an extended warranty to get coverage for things like that.

Might be worth visiting your dealer and see if they'll fix it as a goodwill gesture

Well tbh....I've not dealt with ford personally as I bought it 3 months before the warranty was up, privately.

It's a great wee car - just thought the wheel bearing was a bit premature!

Just put break pads on it also.....

Its not un heard off for wheel bearings to go at that low mileage. Not a common occurance but it can and does happen to cars

Ahh right I see.....oh well, will need to get it fixed in the near future!

So am I right in saying I'm looking at around £50 to £90 for a rear wheel bearing kit?

I just had a look at them on eBay....

Do you replace just the bearing or the full assembly on the Fiesta? If it's the whole assembly then it's not a difficult job to do yourself (well, my Mondeo one wasn't - I'm no mechanic and I managed it in under an hour).

If you just replace the bearing itself then I'd let a garage do it, as without a heavy duty press to get the bearing in/out, you've no chance.

I doubt i'll be tackling it myself!

I was just going to order the part and get my mate to fit it for me.

I doubt i'll be tackling it myself!

I was just going to order the part and get my mate to fit it for me.

Oh. :)

I got a mate to take the turbo off my Mondy and clean it for me - it took him most of the day.

He hates my car now, and won't talk to me any more.*

(* not really)

Might depend on of its a press type one as they can be a bit of a mare to get out sometimes and may need machining out

Might depend on of its a press type one as they can be a bit of a mare to get out sometimes and may need machining out

A hydraulic press soon sorts them out without the need for any machining.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club