Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Wipers

Alec J

Hi guys,

Recently i seem to be having an issue with my Auto Wipers.

When selecting the first setting UP on the wiper stalk and having the frequency of wipe set to either 1 or 2 from the bottom (Bottom being shortest) i have noticed it sometimes fails to wipe fast enough.

At times the screen can nearly become completely streamed of water making it hard to see and you have to manually activate the wipers to clear it. Also sometimes it will stay on intermittent when clearly it should be on fast.

Never use to have this problem, only started seeing it recently. Maybe the cold has something to do with it?

Sometimes it works perfect and switches fast to slow etc no problems.

Alec

On mine, the position you described would be the least sensitive. I have mine set to one notch from the top most of the time.

I would have thought they would keep the sensitivity position much the same between generations.

My vehicle does the same, is it possible to turn off the auto function?

On mine, the position you described would be the least sensitive. I have mine set to one notch from the top most of the time.

I would have thought they would keep the sensitivity position much the same between generations.

Oh right lol,

I'll have a play later, just looking at the stalk is shows the top being the biggest part of the triangle and the bottom being the tip of the triangle.

Oh right lol,

I'll have a play later, just looking at the stalk is shows the top being the biggest part of the triangle and the bottom being the tip of the triangle.

Yeah it is the same on mine, bigger sections mean higher sensitivity (so more wipes).

Possibly the sensor had my windscreen replaced on Tuesday prior to that the wipers had been a bit erratic I,e going full speed when there was no reason for it this had been happening for a couple of weeks were working fine prior to that had the screen placed on Tuesday after a stone flew up on the motorway and cracked it beyond repair and wipers have been fine since.so it might be a sensor prob.

Yeah it is the same on mine, bigger sections mean higher sensitivity (so more wipes).

Oh lol... i thought small section meant shorter time between wipes haha!! Wondered why it was taking so long between wipes and changing speeds.

Are the Auto wipers on the Focus different to Fiesta?

On the Fiesta, the wheel controls the sensitivity to rain on the windscreen. Does not have a variable intermittent wipe.

Wheel scrolled down is slow, wheel up is fast.

WHAT!! the whole time I thought smaller means shorter time between wipes or increased sensitivity -______-

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club