Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping Seats

Bigduncs

Good evening all, Just wondering if anyone could help me! I'm after putting some new seats in my ford focus 1.8 tdci 2007, I like the seats in the mk1 st170 but didn't know if they would fit into the mk2? Any help would be much appreciated before I start drilling holes in my floor!

I can invisage problems with electrics due to seat airbag wiring.

If the MK1 seats don't have bags then you will get error messages and therefore an MOT fail.

i wouldnt be drilling holes in the floor for various reasons let alone fords can leak bad enough without adding anymore holes the seats will not fit especially if you have an arm rest and the runners are totally different airbags arent compatible and youll have an airbag fault as the current seat airbags will have nowhere to plug in as above end result youll fail the mot

Your better off looking for a set of recaros they are a straight swap if and when you remove and install your seats tape up the sharp edges on the runners cos if you catch your trim panels it will mark them.

i put recaros in my 1.6 titanium.even wired them up to heat up.best option .

John how did you wire the heated element up as I,ve looked for the. Loom behind the facia panel where switches go and can't see any plugs taped up for the switches mine a 09 titanium

John how did you wire the heated element up as I,ve looked for the. Loom behind the facia panel where switches go and can't see any plugs taped up for the switches mine a 09 titanium

mines an 09 titanium.i found the plugs behind the switches and added the heated seat switches,pluged them in and they light up.dug around passenger foot well and found the wires from the switches.so ran the wires to the seat connector .found out i needed a wire from the fuse box,switched live to go to the seat plug as well.the wire from the heated seat fuse wire was missing so added one and run to the seats.all working lovelly

Might have a better look when the weather allows might of missed something obvious cheers for the info

Might have a better look when the weather allows might of missed something obvious cheers for the info

no probs.any more help just shout

I phoned my local Ford dealer and they said I can't buy the ST Recaros but there is only one boy that talks sense there and he was off so I assume the guy I spoke to is lying?

I phoned my local Ford dealer and they said I can't buy the ST Recaros but there is only one boy that talks sense there and he was off so I assume the guy I spoke to is lying?

get some from eBay.thats what i did.ill get some pics for you

You will find the majority if not all those on eBay are for a three door they fit all the same front and rear all you will have to alter is the dual seat belt anchor points as the rears are two single seats all I,ve done is sourced a single for the near side one and just folded down the dual one on the off side so it makes it a single point .

I tried eBay but there isn't any but guess its a case of keep checking :). Were yours new or?

Thanks buddy will be good to see then

Mine are used ones got them off eBay for 400 airbag had been deployed and seat stitched up without replacing the airbag so when I fitted them had a warning light on was easy enough to roll the leather up and replace the airbag which I had a spare out of a mk1 (same part number if anyone's wondering) all good with them know usually go between 550/750 but you might drop lucky.

I tried EBay but there isn't any but guess its a case of keep checking :). Were yours new or?

Thanks buddy will be good to see then

i was lucky.mine are from a five door and had front and rear electric windows the same as mine.

i converted the rear seat to 3 seater

post-32857-0-40331400-1390659181_thumb.j

post-32857-0-79353600-1390659170_thumb.j

post-32857-0-88727500-1390659161_thumb.j

post-32857-0-85020000-1390659152_thumb.j

post-32857-0-05249600-1390659199_thumb.j

I'm selling my heated ST-3 recaro's but would be after more than 400 for them.

Steven

hows the car getting along?

OP, sorry for getting off track!

getting there now mate, gonna update my write up on here.