Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Glove Box Light

bigchief14

Hi all,

I have a Focus Mk3 and I have replaced the original side light bulbs, interior light bulbs & boot light bulbs with 501 LED Bulbs.

I would now like to change my glove box light bulb.

Does anyone know if the light bulb in the glove box can be changed to a 501 LED?

How can the glove box light bulb be changed as well because I can see no way to access it?

Cheers people.

You need to remove the glove box itself to get to the switch/bulb holder.

There are two screws in the top of the box up where the door and the glove box come together.

The panel to the right of the glove box has to be removed and there is one screw behind that is under the glove box behind the black felt like cover of the fuse box down there there are two more screws and then it can be pulled out.

Also all the screws you need to remove are black, the two silver ones under it don't need to be touched.

Don't remove the door to the glove box or else you will break it.

The switch is on a bracket attached to the outside left hand side of the glove box.

You will see a small 'duck beak' clip which needs to be pinched and pushed out then the switch will come off the bracket.

The bulb is a T10 type and just pulls out.

If fitting an LED bulb remember that it is polarity sensitive so put the bulb in and test before reassembly.

post-28494-0-16483400-1390617271_thumb.j

Stoney871,

Thanks for that. I've removed the two screws at the top of the box & I've removed the felt covering the fuse box.

However, I can't seem to find the other black screws you are talking about.

You may need to root around further back.

Apparently they are quite well deep in the dash.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club