Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Lights

ianwells

Hi, new to this, I have an 07 plate S-max, which has recently developed a problem with the parking lights.

Last couple of times I've parked it, locked it in the usual way, I have later noticed that the drivers side parking lights are on.

At first I thought that I must have left the indicator on, but when I go back to the car, the indicator stalk is in the mid position but the indicator light on the dash is flashing.

I normally leave the light switch in the auto position so I tried switching it to the off position to see if it made any difference, the result was the same.

I suspect that that this is due to water ingress somewhere but would appreciate comments from anyone who has experienced similar problems or from anyone who knows what is going on here, thanks.

• 1 year later...

This has just started to do the same with my 3 year old Smax. Hubby died Feb and it didn't do it to him. Can you tell me how the parking light is set to stay on in case I have done this. Had to call the RAC and felt such a fool at having a flat battery only.

• 4 years later...

The same has started on my 60 plate titanium x sport eco boost as well its driving me insane, any suggestions would appreciated. 

• 10 months later...

Has anyone had any joy with finding a solution to this? My 2007 S-Max is experiencing exactly the same issue. Thanks in advance.

• 8 months later...

my 2008 smax zetec has just started doing it, the indicators have started flashing on.their own on the road a couple of times too, im thinking switch but thought id check before buying one. Thanks in advance 

• 1 year later...

2008 Galaxy and the same issue here. Did anyone managed the parking light to work normally again? 

My battery is new, so may not became flat in just one night, but I am not sure... Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club