Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Radio Interference

si4106

Hi, I have a focus 2005 plate 1.6 zetec and it seems to have radio interference on the fm channels. I have tried replacing the aerial and cable. I have fitted a booster to the aerial and ive fitted a suppressor all of which has made no difference. I have also cut the earth wire and wired it to another earth but still no joy.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas what causes this? I had a 55 plate focus before and that was fine. I just cant understand it.

Thanks

have you fitted any other LED lights, 12v socket devices, cree lights etc?

These can often be a cause of interference.

Not as far as i know. I was thinking of replacing the ht leads and see if they were causing it.

Hmm, mine is kind of the same, but not really...

I can access quite literally ONLY 2 radio stations, in the busy airwaves in Surrey. (At home I can receive over 12 channels with a tiny antenna.)

I have replaced the antenna (after the last owner snapped it off), but that did nothing to improve the signal. I am thinking the aerial cable might be disconnected from the back of the headunit (stock one), any other possible reasons?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club