Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rs Alloys

cityian

Hi this is my first post sorry if it's already been covered.

I will be picking up a mk2 05 reg focus 2.0 zetec soon, and would like a new set of alloys from the focus rs, they are 18" and have the same stud pattern. But the offset is different to the one's on the car Will they fit straight on? Hope you can help. Thanks ian

Original RS wheels are 19 inch and have an offset of 60 mm. To fit these wheels on a "normal" Focus MK2/MK2.5 it is necessary to use spacers.

There are some aftermarket copies of the Original RS wheels which are available in various sizes like 17,18 and 19 inch. Depending on the offset these wheels may be a direct fit.

Ok thanks. I'll find out what the offset is. Does any one know what the offset should be, and is it just one offset measurement that will fit, or is there an choice of a few. Thanks

Most Original MK2/MK2.5 wheels have an offset of 52,5 mm. Some (original) optional wheels do have an offset of 50 mm.

Technically it is recommended to use an offset which is as close as possible to the offset prescribed by Ford. An Offset between 50 and 55 would technically be preferable.

I do not know the UK regulations but in some countries it is only allowed to use wheel sizes/offsets which are permitted for the vehicle. In other countries like the Netherlands you can basically use every wheel size/offset as long as is does not interfere or the wheels are too wide for the wheelarches.

RS arches are wider to take the wider wheels.

As said above, repro's with s 52.5 offset are best.

Also if you go up to 18" wheels you will also require a set of rack limiters to avoid the wheels grabbing the arches on full lock.

17" would have the look but none of the faff.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club