Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight Problem

ford_focus

The headlights aren't working on my '06 reg Focus 1.6 diesel. Here are the symptoms:-

1. Sidelights work ok

2. When switching to main beam (dipped) the bulbs don't come on

3. Full beam works ok

4. The bulbs appear to be ok, not blown

5. When switching from sidelights to main beam I hear an audible click (relay switching?)

I haven't checked fuses, but each light is on its own fuse. Seems odd that both have gone at the same time. Anyway, the lights work on full (non-dipped) setting.

Fuses look ok.

Does anyone know where the relay is for the low beam headlights? I looked in the engine bay auxiliary fuse box, but couldn't find it.

I can only see one relay in that fusebox, and it doesn't appear to be the one. I removed it, but still hear an audible click, which seems to be coming from the passenger door, if that makes sense?!

This was in the end a problem with the bulbs. The filament was partially broken, so intermittently making contact. A new set of bulbs has fixed the problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club