Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 205/40/r17's

dmizz93

Hey guys,

It's time to treat my baby to some new rubber and wanted to know if anyone's got an recommendations for a good gripping, lasting tyre?

Currently got Avons on which don't seem too bad but want something to grip in the wet, not rage off the fuel and be fairly 'quiet'

Any ideas?

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I'll second the Continental sport 5 - I run them on my car during summer and the grip is immense.

I believe they won a roundup made by ADAC in germany in 2013, though haven't got a link for it :-/

Also I'm not sure they last as long as other tyres (usually long lifespan and great grip is a tradeoff where you can't have both)

Aye thanks for the heads up fellas!

Sadly those are a bit pricey for me, I was looking to spend around 80 odd per tyre as I've only got an average job...

Also, where's best to buy tyres from online? Or is it better to just go to one of the national companies and get 4 from then?

Hankook just put a set on my Titanium and they are great but not the same size as your's.But they are a very good 195/45/16 84v LX paid £269 for 4 plus tracking all in.got 28000 from them.

Try eBay just bought some Toyo Proxy's for my daughter, not your size, but got them for £50 a corner. Fitting will be extra but about £15 to fit, balance new valve makes them only £65.

If you want fully fitted try Blackcircles they seem pretty reasonable.

I've got Toyo proxes on my zetec s and I think they are really good. Great dry grip and good wet grip. Defiantly quieter than the bridgestones that came with the car and the fronts lasted 20000 miles roughly before I had to replace them. Think I paid about 75 a tyre fitted and balanced from blackcircles.

I put a vote in for Bridgestones .. On my second set and think they are perfect

Must admit I'm not a huge fan of Bridgestone car tyres. I find dry grip is good but wet grip is average at best, and they are fairly noisy. On my last car I swapped them out for Avon, which worked loads better. Another tyre I've never had a problem with is Falken.

But... Tyre performance varies with driving styles. When these wear out I'll be going Avon, as I found they are cheap with plenty of grip wet or dry.

Thanks for all the replies!

I've got a set of Avons on the car at the minute but as I've not long had the car I can't really tell what kind of durability they have.. Any one know?

They certainly do have grip though unless I throw the fez round a roundabout then it'll start to go sideways..

I've seen the likes of Hankook, khumo and uni royals which are all in my price range as well! Any one had experience with these?

I had kumhos on my last car, 205 40 17 and they were good....as good or better than the PZero Neros that came on it. Went with them for my 2nd and 3rd sets

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club