Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering Kits.

FiestaGirl89

Hi All,

I have a Mk7 Fiesta Titanium and am looking into lowering it. I have heard that all Titanium models stand around 10mm higher than the others but i'm not 100% sure on this?

I'm not sure what lowing kit brand to go for or how much to lower it by.

I'd like to notice that its lower but not loose the ride's smoothness completely?

Any advice would be great!!

How low do you want? You after looks or handling?

I don't think you can go wrong with the Eibachs. 30 to 35mm drop, and top quality. You can go lower but you'll wear the shocks a bit quicker and things may get crashy.

• Like 1

I have had Eibachs in the past and they are top rate

Hey,

I'm not sure how low to go exactly? I think i'm after abit of both looks and handling but more looks wise as i'm not going to be throwing it around too much :)

H&R do a 50mm kit but I think that might be a bit too low. I'd seriously consider the Eibachs. You will notice a big difference on the Titanium.

Thanks, i've been looking into the Eibachs and they seem really good. I was thinking for 40mm. Just checking out prices now!

• Like 1

I bought mine 2nd hand from someone on an old Corsa C I had but I done some research beforehand and they are hard to beat for quality

Eibachs. I want lows but my insurance allows no mods :(

Yeah I'm having to look around for other insurers as I'm with ford ATM and they said they won't cover me if I do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

i have 30mm on mine and i wish id have gone lower, i can still get over every bump nuck and granny fine no scrapping, so id go 35 or 40 tbh or coilovers then you can adjust it to suit you perfectly!!!

Yeah I think I'm gonna go for the Eibachs 40mm now and iv had to swap my insurance to Adrian flux! On the plus side they are about £200 cheaper for me :D

Snap, same car as mine :)

Would be good to see some photos after it's been lowered, but I won't be lowering mine.

• Like 1

Haha! I love it yeah ill post some pics of it before and after. I'll keep you updated when I've ordered them.

The official Ford lowering springs (at least here in Denmark) are 30mm Eibach. I'm getting my 2013 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 5 door Titanium lowered tomorrow - not at Ford though but at a different mechanic that took care of my old car.

• Like 1

The official Ford lowering springs (at least here in Denmark) are 30mm Eibach. I'm getting my 2013 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost 5 door Titanium lowered tomorrow - not at Ford though but at a different mechanic that took care of my old car.

Make sure you post pictures of it.
  • Like 1

Same in the UK, I think they are around £200 without fitting

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Just a quick snapshot of my Fiesta lowered with Eibach springs :) Don't mind the rims - it's 14" with winter tires

IMG_20140312_162458.jpg

• Like 1

I take it thats 30mm? :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Ohh that looks so nice! I can't wait to get mine done now!! :D should be in about 3 weeks Eeep haha

I take it thats 30mm? :)

Correct - it's the Eibach 30mm lowering springs like Ford uses :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait to get mine on either!

Been sitting in the cupboard for a month. Everytime I'm off work, the mechanic is booked solid :(

Should be in the next week :)

Oh and the good book says they lower *between* 30-35mm. Obviously less on ZS models as they sit 15mm lower anyway.

Afaik there isn't a 40mm Eibach option...

Looking forward to the piccies Sarah ;)

Ohh no :( well I'll be like you now, there going to be sat waiting as my cars going into the garage first ( I'm leaking oil I think) then I'll be getting them done!

I'll upload pics when I've done it haha I'm so excited!!

Changing springs really is not too difficult - If you are even half-skilled with a set of spanners, you can do it at home... Just make sure you get a set of spring compressors (use two - one each side of the spring - never just one because that's when accidents happen - A compressed spring is a dangerous thing!). Do one at a time, should take less than 30 mins a corner even for someone who has never done it before. B)

Of course, if you are not mechanically inclined, there is nothing wrong with getting a mechanic to do it for you either! :)

• Like 1