Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Fiesta - How Many Faults Does Yours Have?

Martyn

Wow - I must be extremely lucky as I've owned several Fiestas - my first being the Mk2 and my current car is the Mk7 - and I've never had any problems with any of them. So far so good....

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magenta

• KeithC

• Martyn

• AndrewL

Top Posters In This Topic

MODS: Posted in error - please remove this.

MODS: Posted in error - please remove this.

Hi telwick

I've just been reading your list of "faults" with new Fiesta and was particularly interested in your comments regarding the rear factory fitted windows:

"I also came to discover air bubbles in the back factory fitted tinted windows".

Did you any further info on the issue because whilst I was washing my Fiesta, I noticed that when drying the back hatch window, I could see what looked like one or two 'air bubbles' and one of them was a few inches long running vertically in the middle of the screen.

I had rear 'privacy glass' fitted as an 'factory option' and always believed that the dark tint was due to the glass being made that way. i.e. not 'stick on' tinted film. I bought my car new on October 1st 2010 and I'm overdue for the 1500 mile/3 month check and I will bring this up with the dealer.

BHeart

Tried twiddling the rubber stops, made no difference to the tailgate noise. I hope it isn't rear suspension noise. I don't anticipate much co-operation from the Ford dealer if I took it in. Investigating the tailgate trim and spare wheel (which I haven't got) well area now.

i have a zetec on 59 plate waited 17 weeks for it to be delivered,love the car but have had problems.

1.drivers wing mirror assembly came loose.

2.roof headliner had mould stains around center light console and grab handles replaced with new one.

3.center light console started coming on by itself after new roof headliner fitted replaced.

4.submarine lights from center console come on when they feel like it and aren't as bright as they were before.(orange slits) ford didn't know what i was talking about so gave up.

5.drivers seat developed a worn patch ford say it was my fault because i must have had my wallet in my back pocket,replaced after refusing to accept that explanation.

6.remote key fob stopped working.

7.now have a sqeaking sound coming from the front drivers wheel.

other than that i love the car and the way it drives,don't regret buying it at all.

• 4 weeks later...

My 09 petrol Fiesta developed an oil leak at 3000 miles ! Seemed to be coming from around the oil filter area. Suspicious, I thought, as it only had its first servoce not that long ago. Now fixed under warranty but I now have oil stains on the drive. "We've fitted an new oil filter sir" said the dealer. Why couldn't they just tighten it up the first time ? Anyone know the best way to remove oil drips from block paving ?

Anyone know the best way to remove oil drips from block paving ?

Coca Cola.

B)

Coca Cola.

B)

Seriously ? :o

Had to get tailgate lock replaced after knocking noise started. Usually under accelleration or changes in speed. Stopped now with new lock. They did try tightning old lock up but fault soon returned just not as loud.

oryt roblems tht im having with my 2009 fiesta are

rattling noise from under bonet (drivers side) when traveling over 20

and also reverse does not go straiught into gear unless i play with the gears and clutch abit 1st

Passenger door seal come off - dealer replacing on Monday (car 7months old)

Rattle by passanger A piller

Squeaky breaks and low temps

Clunking from stearing wheel when turning at low speeds

Looks like it will be a trip back to Ford soon!

Rattle by passanger A piller

Squeaky breaks and low temps

Clunking from stearing wheel when turning at low speeds

Looks like it will be a trip back to Ford soon!

I had the clunking steering at low speeds and the Ford dealer said it was a known problem and "lubricated the column" It did cure it and it hasn't come back yet.

I've still got the squeaky brakes and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I'd be interested to hear what your dealer says about this.

Mine is going in soon to have the wing I 'modified' on the garage doorway put right. Goodbye ncd !

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I have been reading back through the posts of issues and can agree that my 2009 Fiesta has a few issues in common, but there is one which is most annoying which has been mentioned here several times; loss of power when in 2nd/ 3rd going up hill early in a journey/ cold engine. My Ford garage have of course been unable to solve this and so I was wondering if anyone had been able to find a cure for this issue as it is really irritating.

(My previous 1997 Fiesta had an unsolvable problem of misfiring/ bunnyhopping - oddly only during the summer when pulling away - this issue was never resolved even though Ford, the AA and numerous mechanics looked at the car but never found the problem. I was very much hoping the newer model wouldn't have such issues.)

Is there anyone who has managed to solve the power loss issue at all?

Thanks

I've owned my fiesta for 6 months so far and just hit 1000 miles. I've enjoyed the car so fa and i gather the looks from people when i drive by. (Hopefully Good) haha

Pros:

- The looks are great and it does attract attention.

- Motorway rides are smooth most of time and enjoyable.

- Air con does blow out some nice cool air if set below 18C.

- Auto folding mirrors! Being fairly new to the british lands you all park very close to each other! hehe

Cons:

- Autowipers just don't always work when in light rain/mist. Sensitivity on the most sensitive setting.

- Passenger side window button came loose. Luckily i pushed it down and it seems to be staying down so far.

- It's pretty bumpy on the roads i expected it to be a little smoother.

- HOT MEGENTA PAINT. (Tricky one here random scratches on the driver side door. Not located anywhere else on the car. (Unsure what to do here, pics in one of my previous threads.)

- Rattling in higher gears when driving slow or turning corners (Unknown where it is).

- Brakes make a thud when fully stopping (Prob just needs a little oil)

- Car started recently stalling or gets close to stalling. Lights start to flicker inside and out and rev meter dips and quickly rises again on take off 1st gear. (If it doesn't stall).

- 28.7 MPG so far. OUCH!

Stewie316, I agree with you on the rain-sensitive wipers, sometimes mine don't work even on the most sensitive setting and I eventually have to manually switch them to constant 'on' just to be able to see out of the window.

I have a similar issue with the auto lights, I've had them not come on in the dark and I've had them switch on during a bright summers day.

Stowie316, I also found the Hot Magenta finish prone to marking on my previous Mk 7, must be softer than other finishes. It's a bit annoying after paying £700 extra for it ! This Marello finish is much more durable. I have found the auto wipers a bit unpredictable on other non-Ford cars I have owned so it isn't just Ford. Same with the auto lights, sometimes they don't come on in murky conditions where I wanted them on and I have had to put them on manually anyway. Car manufacturers probably buy the elctronics from the same supplier. These two features are a bit of an overkill I think anyway. I would rather have reversing sensors thrown in or passenger reading lights instead. The only useful thing about the autolights is when entering multi-story car parks and tunnels.

@ 5200 miles Just had alternator belt changed as started slipping. (Strange sound sometimes audible when driving came from L/H side engine, (when standing at front)). .........I originally had 1.25 Zetec which would also sometimes be difficult to get into or out of reverse gear, I started putting it into then out of gear before starting in morning (old motorbike trick). It seemed to work from what I can remember. .........With the auto wipers I also find wont sweep when needed, Intermittant wipe much missed!! Trick is to adjust your sensor by one click then back,it will cause wipers to swipe once.

Been driving the car since Tuesday so I am still in the beginning but I would like to share some pros and cons of the car. Till now, I am extremely satisfied with this small car but there are some small issues that I would have liked to be different. Here we go:

Pros:

+ Great ride

+ Very good handling

+ The car looks perfect

+ Interior is spacious enough to carry 4 passengers (3 door version)

+ Boot is good size for this small car

+ Power/torque is more better than what I expected

+ Dashboard looks very nice in night time

+ Sound system is much better than what I was expecting

As for the cons, here we go:

Cons:

- No lock at the glove department (or at least not one that I've noticed :))

- Foot rest (left side of the pedals) is made from the same material as the floor mats and will get dirty very soon. I would have preferred to be covered in some kind of plastic, similar to the one that I had in my E46.

- No protection cover for the engine

- Seat belt can be a bit difficult to reach

- No height adjustment for the passenger seat

This is what I had to say after driving it for a few days...will get back later if there are any changes.

Must say that I don't regret buying the car, I feel happy every time I see and drive this car :)

- Foot rest (left side of the pedals) is made from the same material as the floor mats and will get dirty very soon. I would have preferred to be covered in some kind of plastic, similar to the one that I had in my E46.

- No protection cover for the engine

Tato, I thought the same thing about the footrest, especially as I have an auto ! So I made one by cutting up an old rubber floormat and sticking it over the carpet material, mainly to stop it wearing. Been there nearly twelve months now, I might make a larger Mk 2 version. All the Rovers I had (manual and auto box) were fitted with a proper moulded footrest screwed in place.

What is the function of an engine cover other than to provide possible water protection in floods etc ? If the engine doesn't need one then why fit one ? Unless it helps sound deadening ?

A lot of passengers comment on how smooth and quiet the Fiesta is, helped in my case maybe by the auto change. Done about 5500 miles now and no significant problems yet.

@ 5200 miles Just had alternator belt changed as started slipping. (Strange sound sometimes audible when driving came from L/H side engine, (when standing at front)). .........I originally had 1.25 Zetec which would also sometimes be difficult to get into or out of reverse gear, I started putting it into then out of gear before starting in morning (old motorbike trick). It seemed to work from what I can remember. .........With the auto wipers I also find wont sweep when needed, Intermittant wipe much missed!! Trick is to adjust your sensor by one click then back,it will cause wipers to swipe once.

I twigged that too with the wipers. The Vauxhall Astra I had with rain sensing wipers had the same problem but it didn't have variable sensitivity so you had to switch them on manually anyway, making the auto function a waste of time.

i have had so many problems with my 09 1.4tdci titanium p.o.s. i bought the car as a demo , 11000km on the clock when i picked it up a year ago . its been back at the ford stealership 8 times ! and its going back again tomorrow . got in the car after work today to find over 4cm of water on the floor on the passenger side ! going to trade it in for something else .

Tato, I thought the same thing about the footrest, especially as I have an auto ! So I made one by cutting up an old rubber floormat and sticking it over the carpet material, mainly to stop it wearing. Been there nearly twelve months now, I might make a larger Mk 2 version. The Rovers I had (manual and auto) were fitted with a proper moulded footrest screwed in place.

What is the function of an engine cover other than to provide possible water protection in floods etc ? If the engine doesn't need one then why fit one ? Unless it helps sound deadening ?

A lot of passengers comment on how smooth and quiet the Fiesta is, helped in my case maybe by the auto change. Done about 5500 miles now and no significant problems yet.

As for the footrest, I will get the sport pedals that come also with the sport footrest so that should solve the problem.

In terms of engine cover, maybe I am used with my E46 which had a cover and somehow I find it useful in case you go with the car in a rough terrain...of course I don't do that very often...It is not a big minus.

The car is extremely smooth, which is a big plus but could turn into a minus if the roads are not that great because you can feel almost every bump.

450 km till now...very satisfied!

By the way, is there anyway that I can cover some very small paint scratches? Probably some stone hit my car...

I noticed the lack of protection on the foot rest that I thought was not great, bit seems common on small cars. My other half's Corsa is just carpeted, as was the Clio pool car I had for a few weeks. The solid rest on my E46 was much better, especially in the winter when it could just be wiped down.

Some of the issues sound a bit worrying. Hopefully my Zetec S will be Ok. The Edge that I have now seems ok; no rattles after 27k, gear box is sweet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club