Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

biggy119

Gareth you should read the one with the circle and line through it that's your average overall the one before it is your instant mpg when you refuel reset all trip average mileage and average fuel then you will get a proper read out if you watch that average fuel you will see if you start off from a top up on a long say motorway journey it will climb to 40s/50s quite rapidly but that will drop as soon as your in town traffic so say just cos your doing 50 mpg on the motorway it will drop into the 30s as soon as you run around town again depending on driving style and how many stop starts you get around town believe me I,ve done steady motorway miles all the way up to Scotland and back keeping within the speed limits and the best I,ve averaged over all is 48 mpg which I,m happy with you will also find that when you get down to 0 miles on the fuel left read out if you stop for a few mins that will go back up because the fuel computer will have reavulated your average speed to fuel consumption .

This is why I'm saying am I reading the wrong one

Work it out for yourself, and you'll remove any doubt.

so you guy's recon that 42mpg round town driving is still low out of 1.8tdci? this compared to a scoob we used to own is a god send, that thing would do like 18-20 mpg at best......

so you guy's recon that 42mpg round town driving is still low out of 1.8tdci? this compared to a scoob we used to own is a god send, that thing would do like 18-20 mpg at best......

Yes, compared to a massively powerful four-wheel-drive sports car, 40mpg is great, but I don't think a humble 1.8 diesel family car can really be compared to a 4WD sports car when it comes to MPG. Might as well try and compare the fuel economy of a Harrier to a Boeing 737.

I'd say 42 is about right,town driving is difficult to average because traffic is the main factor

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ok I've a 1.6 TDCi. Just cost me £70 to brim the thing. I got 610 miles on my last tank of fuel. I city drive for about 4 hours on a weekend and do 60miles a day mon to fri to work and back

I'm averaging 61mpg.. Some of you guys must have a really heavy foot!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

admitted a heavy foot, some mods and a re-map to get best out of mods....

Might as well try and compare the fuel economy of a Harrier to a Boeing 737.

will add this on my list of to do lmao...

Yes, compared to a massively powerful four-wheel-drive sports car, 40mpg is great, but I don't think a humble 1.8 diesel family car can really be compared to a 4WD sports car when it comes to MPG.

was not comparing as such, just stating a fact that this is the reason we has the focus, almost 4yrs of running scoobs was getting too much....

and another people moaning that they getting low mpg, yet again just stating the fact they they are pulling more than we ever would..... a thrash, good clean out, a major service will see majority of cars right, the other is engine wear but only on mega millage cars... the other is to get it mapped, then you get best of both worlds, mpg and more power

harrier? meaning Toyota?

Yer but what mpg do they get bet it's not much around town lol

• Like 1

harrier? meaning Toyota?

No, as in the fighter jet :D

• Like 1

Christ, I can only dream of getting into the 30's or 40's.

Since I reset my MPG, I've done a 350 mile round trip to Oxford and 150 miles of City Driving.

Average is currently 23.2. Gotta love petrol engines haven't you

Gary do you reset all the functions when you top up average fuel average mph and trip not so much the trip but the other two if you don't reset one it has a bearing on the other overall .

Gary do you reset all the functions when you top up average fuel average mph and trip not so much the trip but the other two if you don't reset one it has a bearing on the other overall .

I've never reset the average speed ever. It sits at about 13mph i think. I've done 3k in the car since I bought it. Didn't realise it has a bearing on the figures

Next time you fill up Gary do a full reset and see the difference .

I've never reset the average speed ever. It sits at about 13mph i think. I've done 3k in the car since I bought it. Didn't realise it has a bearing on the figures

Yup, frankly I don't think 23MPG is right. My uncle has a Mk1 Focus 1.8 Zetec, and I think he's have gotten rid of it long ago if it was that hard on petrol.

Simple way to find out - If you have the receipt from your last fill up, try and work out how many miles you've done on how many litres. It'll only be a very rough calculation, as you haven't got exact figures for either, but it sounds like you have a rough idea of how many miles you've done. So do this-

Find out how many gallons you have used by dividing the number of litres by 4.5. A gallon is 4.5 litres. This will give you the number of gallons.

When you have the number of gallons you have used, then do this.

The number of miles you have done (divided by) the number of gallons you have used = average MPG.

Yup, frankly I don't think 23MPG is right. My uncle has a Mk1 Focus 1.8 Zetec, and I think he's have gotten rid of it long ago if it was that hard on petrol.

Simple way to find out - If you have the receipt from your last fill up, try and work out how many miles you've done on how many litres. It'll only be a very rough calculation, as you haven't got exact figures for either, but it sounds like you have a rough idea of how many miles you've done. So do this-

Find out how many gallons you have used by dividing the number of litres by 4.5. A gallon is 4.5 litres. This will give you the number of gallons.

When you have the number of gallons you have used, then do this.

The number of miles you have done (divided by) the number of gallons you have used = average MPG.

Cheers mate. I used to do it that when I had a Corsa. I used to get 20mpg out of a 1.2sxi.....think I have a really heavy foot.

Years of riding superbikes has given me a need to accelerate harsh. Forever being moaned at by the other half for accelerating to quickly

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Cheers mate. I used to do it that when I had a Corsa. I used to get 20mpg out of a 1.2sxi.....think I have a really heavy foot.

Years of riding superbikes has given me a need to accelerate harsh. Forever being moaned at by the other half for accelerating to quickly

Fair enough, but can't really complain about fuel economy in that case, can you? I mean, 20MPG from a 1.2 is shockingly bad. I think what you need is a diesel and to relax a little :)

Yeah, really bad, but I think most corsas are poor on fuel. Plus im sure it had something wrong with it. I did a granny test and only managed 25mpg.

If I drive my car economically I can get 30mpg around town.

I also believe that the towns you live in make a difference.

Where I live is very stop start and there are no long roads. Where as in stockport, 5 miles away there are many more roads which are better for fuel mpg even though it is built up.

Next car may have to be a diesel

Yeah, really bad, but I think most corsas are poor on fuel. Plus im sure it had something wrong with it. I did a granny test and only managed 25mpg.

If I drive my car economically I can get 30mpg around town.

I also believe that the towns you live in make a difference.

Where I live is very stop start and there are no long roads. Where as in stockport, 5 miles away there are many more roads which are better for fuel mpg even though it is built up.

Next car may have to be a diesel

Yeah, I get what you mean about the town layout. The town I grew up in is dead easy to get around if the traffic isn't too bad, there's just one big ring-road around the town centre, which feeds down from the town bypass. God help you if the town bypass is closed though, as it was the day I took my driving test. Some lady tried to throw herself off an overpass onto the motorway. Result - town was bumper to bumper, and hardly moving an inch, and I had to perform my driving test through it all! It lasted 20 minutes longer than it should have.

8 miles motorway/dual carriageway is not enough to ever raise your mpg. Standing still in traffic will drop your mpg so will city driving and thats the problem. The driving that you are doing tips the scale for lowering your mpg than raising it.

In other words you are not getting enough mpg up type of driving. Your computer calculate the mpg based on your entire mileage since ecu reset not trip counter reset and therefore the more mileage overall means the longer it will take to up your mpg.

If your doing 3000 miles of city driving then 1500 miles of motorway driving your mpg will never equal whatever it was at the start as there isn't enough positive mpg driving.

You need to reset your ecu then your mpg will be calculated based on all mileage after that, disconnect your battery for 10 mins or so making sure you've got your radio code to hand etc.

Once done mpg will be calculated more accurately infact if you fill up before doing so your entire mpg will be calculated on exactly how much miles you've done on that exact tank

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club