Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Comparison Of Old St And New St

The Dark Knight

I love the way ST owners seem to think they can pull away from all BMW's with ease. 0-60 in 6.9 seconds is the same performance on offer from most mid range BMW's. You might just get away from a BMW 118i with a 0-60 of 7.3 seconds however anything more powerful than that and the ST will be left behind... 125i 6.2 seconds.

I appreciate the ST is good value for the performance on offer however, I'm puzzled as to how all the ST owners seem to be out running all these BMW's.

I have just got my wife a new 1.25 zetec and I'm very impressed with it however, I'm sure my m135 might leave a few ST's in the rear view mirror!

Of course your M135i would but that's a world away from the ST. It's like a Nissan GTR owner boasting how he would leave you for dead, pointless!

The point being made (by me at least) is that you can drive along perfectly normally when a BMW or more likely an Audi pulls up behind and tailgates you because he is clearly 'the main man' in his rep car, 520d or 2.0TDI A4 or whatever. They forget how heavy their cars are and the ST is very light and pulls away nicely. I let them go by once I have pulled away and back to the inside lane having made my point and made them look stupid.

Interestingly, the majority of proper performance Beemers or Audi's that I see, are driven normally with no 'big man' attitude. I know a guy with an RS6 and he doesn't tailgate people like these reps in their oil burners.

The ST is really at home on twisty country roads though. Get the police to seal off some twisty roads in the North Yorkshire Moors from the public, put a pro driver in a Fez ST and one in a 5 series Beemer (even a slightly more powerful diesel say a 525d or 530d) and the Beemer would not see which way the ST went.

• Like 2

Of course your M135i would but that's a world away from the ST. It's like a Nissan GTR owner boasting how he would leave you for dead, pointless!

The point being made (by me at least) is that you can drive along perfectly normally when a BMW or more likely an Audi pulls up behind and tailgates you because he is clearly 'the main man' in his rep car, 520d or 2.0TDI A4 or whatever. They forget how heavy their cars are and the ST is very light and pulls away nicely. I let them go by once I have pulled away and back to the inside lane having made my point and made them look stupid.

Interestingly, the majority of proper performance Beemers or Audi's that I see, are driven normally with no 'big man' attitude. I know a guy with an RS6 and he doesn't tailgate people like these reps in their oil burners.

The ST is really at home on twisty country roads though. Get the police to seal off some twisty roads in the North Yorkshire Moors from the public, put a pro driver in a Fez ST and one in a 5 series Beemer (even a slightly more powerful diesel say a 525d or 530d) and the Beemer would not see which way the ST went.

Nicely put

Agreed. The arrogance of some BMW and now unfortunately Audi owners is something else, they think they own the road.

Just remember guys never let one out at a junction! lol

• Like 1

Agreed. The arrogance of some BMW and now unfortunately Audi owners is something else, they think they own the road.

Just remember guys never let one out at a junction! lol

You get idiots driving all brands of car. However, I do find it interesting how other people treat me depending on what car I'm driving. My driving style is the same whatever car I'm driving, I never tailgate and I like to think I'm fairly considerate behind the wheel. When I drive the fiesta my journeys seem a lot more relaxing. Other road users seem much more courteous. However when I drive the BMW people can be absolute twats! People cut me up, they never let me out at junctions and some seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

You get idiots driving all brands of car. However, I do find it interesting how other people treat me depending on what car I'm driving. My driving style is the same whatever car I'm driving, I never tailgate and I like to think I'm fairly considerate behind the wheel. When I drive the fiesta my journeys seem a lot more relaxing. Other road users seem much more courteous. However when I drive the BMW people can be absolute twats! People cut me up, they never let me out at junctions and some seem to have a bit of a chip on their shoulder.

I have found a very similar thing. I have a 1.4 fiesta titanium and a MK3 focus ST3. I get cut up and tailgated by BMWs all the way to Stratford but they leave me the hell alone in the ST.

The proper BMWs are fine it's the wee BMs, they have the issues.

BMW, Merc, Audi, VW etc, doesn't matter what you drive if the guy behind the wheel is an @ssH*L3 chances are he will cause trouble and in some cases road rage. In my case the local taxi's are the worst, they have no disregards for any other road users.

They drive it like they stole it and in some cases thats probably true ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club