Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freshly Juiced Panther

greenymk7

Nice one Greeny, all of your car cleaning posts are really useful, thank you very much.

I have noticed that dodo juice do a soft wax and a hard wax for dark cars. Which one should you use, or should you use both?

Nice one Greeny, all of your car cleaning posts are really useful, thank you very much.

I have noticed that dodo juice do a soft wax and a hard wax for dark cars. Which one should you use, or should you use both?

I'm sure from previous posts Greeny recommended a hard wax first so you don't over apply it, then you can put a soft wax on top of that if you wish.

I'm sure from previous posts Greeny recommended a hard wax first so you don't over apply it, then you can put a soft wax on top of that if you wish.

Thanks Bashful :) Just couldnt be sure, because he uses the purple haze wax which is a soft one. Damn, I never new this could all be so complicated!

I wonder if greenymk7 has though about going into business with this as I am sure I can't be the only person who wants my car to be shiney and lovely but who does not have the patience to do anymore than wash it once every couple of weeks?

i have thought about it many times but i love my current job to much to start doing it.

I have only ever cleaned my family and closest friends cars.

I we have a meet at some point then i could bring some of my stuff along and show you all a couple of things.

As has been said i would always start with the hard wax so you don't over apply then if u want to add some purple haze 24 hours after if you want to.

Personally i build up 3 layers on wax over 3 days to make sure its all covered.

I we have a meet at some point then i could bring some of my stuff along and show you all a couple of things.

Well please feel free, once I have got it, to use my car as the 'donar' to show how you get that awesome finish ;)

Greeny, i'm dumb! :P

I washed my car last week with Autoglym stuff and waxed it with aqua wax from Autoglym and buffed it up.

Last night I washed it with Autoglym shampoo and then just dried it. How can I now get it to look extra shiny? Do I need to use the spray wax again?

Can I just buy a polish and use that?

I still don't understand why I need 2 buckets :ph34r:

The 2 buckets are for when washing.

1 will contain warm water and shampoo

the other will contain just clean warm water

You put your wash mitt/sponge in the shampoo bucket and wipe over the car, then you go back and wash your mitt/sponge in the clean water. ring all the water out of the mitt/sponge and get sum shampoo water again.

It keeps you from scrubbing dirt along the car.

The best thing to do its get a tub of wash instead of spray on stuff. after you have put your wax on your need a quick detailing spray like meg quick detailer or dodo juice red mist. that will max sure the wax lasts as long as possible.

:D

The 2 buckets are for when washing.

1 will contain warm water and shampoo

the other will contain just clean warm water

You put your wash mitt/sponge in the shampoo bucket and wipe over the car, then you go back and wash your mitt/sponge in the clean water. ring all the water out of the mitt/sponge and get sum shampoo water again.

It keeps you from scrubbing dirt along the car.

The best thing to do its get a tub of wash instead of spray on stuff. after you have put your wax on your need a quick detailing spray like meg quick detailer or dodo juice red mist. that will max sure the wax lasts as long as possible.

:D

Thank you greeny :)

i have thought about it many times but i love my current job to much to start doing it.

I have only ever cleaned my family and closest friends cars.

As has been said i would always start with the hard wax so you don't over apply then if u want to add some purple haze 24 hours after if you want to.

Personally i build up 3 layers on wax over 3 days to make sure its all covered.

Have you used hard wax on yours greeny? or just the purple haze? also do you put the wax layers straight on top or do you use lime prime or something else between coats? Cheers Greeny

Jon

the wax coats go straight on top.

The lime prime strips all the wax off so you get a decent bonding surface for your first coat.

I have blue velvet on mine at the moment and just keep protecting it with red mist.

Nice one Greeny, btw, do you use lime prime or lime prime lite, or both?

Just found this...

http://www.dodojuice.com/dodo-juice-detailing.html

Some good info here also

Did a shopping list on the web for a fully stocked cupboard or car cleaning goodies, mainly form dodo. !Removed! hell it was expensive! like £200 for a full and complete range of products...

Was thinking that I may initially start off with just this:

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Dodo...or_Speed_1.html

This way I can keep the car good, whilst I wait until I buy a whole haul of stuff to do a mega valet. I reckon if you did a really good job with pleanty of wax etc, then you could get away with only doing a full wax 3 times a year, i think i can handle that.

i normally wax 2/3 times a year.

It is expensive but the dodo range is very good as a small amount goes a long way.

I have done mine with red mist 3 times and it has hardly gone down. The tub of wax should last you 5-7 years.

I use lime prime lite as it hasn't got the abrasives in. Its very good for new paint.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club