Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Squeal When Releasing The Clutch And Revving Highly

105ben

Hello,

Picked up my Fiesta yesterday, sadly my first post on here is the question above re: my 1.4 tdci.

Basically, there is a squeal if you are revving as you take off the clutch right at the top slightly after the bite. It doesn't happen driving normally, and tbh I wouldn't have noticed it but I was getting used to the new car on the journey home and had to rev to avoid stalling :( I've gone from a BMW 120D with 180bhp, to the 68bhp Fiesta so it's doesn't get going as quick as I'm used to haha. It's a lot of fun to drive though, like a little go kart in comparison!

But can anyone offer any advice on the issue?

I'm not too clued up on the clutch and it's workings admittedly, but to me it doesn't seem like a clutch problem... I'd expect to have a squeal from when it's bites, but the squeal feels separate to me.... Maybe the alternator belt? Which is something I saw someone suggest on a google search... Where will I find the alternator belt under there too, I found a belt on the left hand side of the engine, close to the radiator, will that be it?

Sounds like clutch release bearing to me pal.

Thanks Carper!

How much is that going to be to fix do you think roughly? Saw the part is about £20-30, but I imagine labour is the killer... It's still under warranty from where I bought it though!

Also - is it worth doing? Is it going to get worse, and if it does will it affect the clutch plates etc?

I'm not going to be thrashing it and wheel spinning, so it's not gonna get hammered!

I have the same thing and have made a few enquiries about it if your car is made in the 2002-2008 period this is typical of ford clutches and isnt anything to worry about

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club