Do Not Sell My Personal Information

In A Dillema About Ball Joints Or Full Wishbone

Stu9

I'm selling the car (03 1.6) but it needs them on both sides...do get just the joints and grind/drill the old ones off or get full wishbones. It's about £25-30 for 2 joints and £45 for 2 wishbones (eBay.....the local factors are more/less double!!) what the hell do I do

You need to do the whole arm mate, its the easiest way! ford swap the whole arm out too as damage to the arm and new bushings is a cert when replacing individual bushes

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Don't think I'll be doing it then as I'm not asking for much and will lose to much as its 45 for them (wishbone)

Up to you mate, thats not a bad price for both wishbones? Ford quoted me £500+ for fitting two new lower front control arms (wishbones)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Replacing just the joints is an easy enough job if you want to go as cheap as possible to sell it on. That's what I would do, the arms at £45 a pair will be no where near as good quality as the original ford parts.

Best way to get the rivets out I find, use a flap disc to remove most of the material and get it close to the wishbone. You will then see the outline of the body of the rivet. Once you see it, drill them out and the will come put no problem and will no damage!

I got o.e. complete arms (FAI, I think) from my local factor around £45 each, and that was much easier than changing either the ball joints or the rear bushes.

If it's the rear bushes, then the arms have to come off the car anyway.

1st one took about 35 mins, 2nd one took 15.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club