Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nightmare

dexterboyz

hello all , I recently changed the glow plugs and fuel filter on my 2001reg 1.8td van, when I did the filter I brimmed it withe fuel 1st, anyhow it turned and ticked over for about 10 secs the cut out & would not start again! convince it was an airlock I tried everything to get her going again but to no avail, so reluctantly called a mechanic who tried and also failed, he tells me its not an air lock but a timing issue?? these are his words "Bin 2day,wont start,fuel at injectors .its popping in the exhaust and doesnt sound rite, wud say its a timing issue,which wud suggest cam belt has jumped or stripped amd exhaust valves arnt closing.if it is a belt issue it will need head taking off" does anybody have a step by step for changing the belt if this is in fact the case? or does can anybody suggest anything else? would it be worth towing it to try bump it in 2nd or 3rd?

many thanks

If the belt has gone it needs new valves and a head skim, but you turn the ignition the starter motor will turn but the cams wont ( open the oil filler cap and see if they turn ) if they turn the belt isn't gone and it generally just makes a wirring noise if it's gone.

Do the injectors need coding on these engines? some dervs do after they been changed.

when I turn the engine it makes a whining noise, as the cam belt cover is broke at the top I can see the belt turning when I turn the car over, however it as turning quite slowly? battery is full tho?

many thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club