Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Struggling To Engage Gears

Parky1994

Hi, I have a 2005 1.4l zetec and just lately it is juddering as I pull away from junctions in 1st gear and when I try engage reverse it crunches really loud and I have to go into 4th before I can get it to engage reverse. Has anybody got any ideas whats wrong? I keep reading I need a new gearbox and clutch.

Hi I have the 2008 edition of the ford fiesta 1.4l zetec and suffered a few issues myself with gear. Before going all out and getting a new gearbox will be worth checking that 1 your transmission oil is at the correct level and 2 that your gear cable is set correctly

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

As above, & check if you have an 'auto' adjusting clutch mechanism (by the pedals) that it's working ok. If not the clutch could be on it's way out.

Hi, I have a 2005 1.4l zetec and just lately it is juddering as I pull away from junctions in 1st gear and when I try engage reverse it crunches really loud and I have to go into 4th before I can get it to engage reverse. Has anybody got any ideas whats wrong? I keep reading I need a new gearbox and clutch.

Might just be the clutch dragging and the gearbox is ok

Hi thanks for your replies, I have rang my local Ford dealer and im taking it down so they can have a look at it, and let me know, I will get back to you all when I find out, thanks again :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club