Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fabric Protector

BigRog

Any recommendations for a fabric protector which is ok to use on the cloth and the leather?

I know the most recognised is "scotchgard" but has anyone used this or any other that they can highly recommend?

Cheers, Roger.

My car came with GuardX by Easyguard, both paintwork and seats, wouldn't say it makes it easier to clean it by any means personally luckily the previous owner paid for it. with my Old Clio that had full leather Recaros I used to use Carplan Leather cleaner every week and it kept the seats nice and supple, as new even.

It isn't even a cleaner as such, just a cream that you wipe into the leather.

Fabric never bothered with in the past as Vanish Carpet cleaner always cleaned them right up.

Cheers Matt, I work for carplan, will take a look at the leather cleaning stuff, I was thinking more down the line of a all in one spray like the scotchgard stuff for the mats (no pun intended) or something like fords use on seats and carpet etc.

Definately check the Leather cleaner out, Cannot recommend anything better.

This is what my FiST has for the seats and also on the paintwork.

https://www.gardx.co.uk/index.php?page=other&parent=1&pid=7

https://www.gardx.co.uk/?page=shop&cid=83&pid=1765

It's only £18 but just for Leather, I think the fabric ones are hard to get hold off, although I've seen them on Fleabay before, but as said I've spilled so many things on my seats and went paintballing yesterday, my mate got in the car with paint still on him, usually the stuff just comes off with a wet finger on clothes etc but it was quite hard to get it out of the seats, took a good scrub with a sponge.

Cheers Paul, I was on that web site last night, excellant site it is.

I am looking for an all in one for cloth and leather but it seems they are two differant items, I looked at the diamondbrite but thats not for leather, so I will have to do a cloth protection and a leather protection, so it will probably be what you suggested and Matt's suggestion with the leather wipes.

ps. did I mention its for my new ST-3 ?? :)

I use Dr Leather wipes and Gtechniq I1 for fabrics, stuff works a treat

How comes you went for an ST? ( superb choice btw )

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app

For leather I use autoglym leather cleaner with an upholstery brush and a microfiber to wipe the dirt off and also use the autogylm leather care balm to prevent the seats drying out and cracking

• Like 1

Matt, having had the Zetec S from new in march this year I have thought about the ST every day, I could have had the ST2 when I picked my factory order up but I opted to stay with the car I had ordered, it was the wife who really chose the Zs over the ST but having come from an MPS Mazda3 I felt a little short changed.

The Zs is a lovely car and it's a great drivers car, not only for young lads but oldies like me, it really is an all rounder as they say but something was missing, so hence if your not quite happy don't dwell on it, change it. I took a big hit on the px but hey like I say if your not happy do something about it, so I opted for the Red ST3 that my local dealer had just received along with the other 3 from the factory.

Good choice though dude, luckily I lost nothing on my 1.0 Ecoboost due to the huge discounting they did, even so if you did lose some money you can't put a price on happiness regardless on what it is you're buying, it's only a touch more expensive to run bar paying for the car itself which over several years is nothing but it'll be worth a lot lot more down the line so you'll effectively break even, providing a Fiesta RS doesn't come out which it probably won't.

• Like 1

I asked the salesman about the fiesta RS, he just smiled and said nothing was set in stone yet. I only took the Zs in for a new plastic trim that was scuffed when I picked it up and it ended up costing me over £5 grand.

Expensive repair eh? I also think it's too late for an RS, this shape has been out for too long, plus it will Kill Focus ST sales which are really struggling as it is. Think we are safe with a half decent investment here. What seat inserts did you get? Orange or Grey?

Red car with the Grey inserts and it had the factory fitted reverse sensors already on it, it had been in the showroom half a day, they had sold all the other colours they had pre ordered in a matter of two days.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club