Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Rough Running Help

johno1412

Hi to you all,

i am a ford virgin and would really appreciate anyones advice on an issue i have with a Fiesta that i have just purchased for the wife. it is a 1.25 model on a 2006 reg, with 68k miles. sometimes the idle goes slightly erratic, dipping and then rising to normal, whilst driving it has a habit of juddering and wanting to stall when slowing at junctions. i have given it a service and changed the following items:

plugs

leads

coil

new fuel/air/oil filter/

fresh 5w30 oil

cleaned the throttle body

none of ths has made any difference

i am now thining O2 sensor etc

does this engine have the dreaded EGR valve fitted or is there something else common to this unit that causes these problems i am getting.

over to you Ford Pro's

The dipping and rising of the revs in idle could be the car on choke which is normal however this doesn't apply for the juddering I would first run a couple of tanks with redex fule injection cleaner and a couple with redex fuel system cleaner . If this doesn't help your fuel injectors my need replacing

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Ford OC mobile app

Symptoms sound like the idle control valve need either cleaning or replacing. By all means try the redex and give it an Italian tune up to see if that helps first.

Symptoms sound like the idle control valve need either cleaning or replacing. By all means try the redex and give it an Italian tune up to see if that helps first.

does this model have a separate idle valve or is it sealed into the throttle body?

They aren't sealed, it will either be a cable throttle or drive by wire as such, usually drive by wires have Cruise and speed limiters as well as so much easier and cheaper to fit.

Easy to spot the diff

They aren't sealed, it will either be a cable throttle or drive by wire as such, usually drive by wires have Cruise and speed limiters as well as so much easier and cheaper to fit.

Easy to spot the diff

thanks for that, it is a 'fly by wire' unit, but i do not see anything attached that resembles an idle valve for cleaning. the damn car is worse today, stalling and juddering, seems gutless too

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club