Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Know Where The Coolant Temp Sensor Is?

nazsky786

Does anyone know where the coolant temperature sensor is on a Ford focus 1.6?

I'm have starting issues so would like to just replace it.

In the Mondeo, it is in the head - this is so the ECU monitors the actual head temprature for the correct fuel- air mixture, it also means if the coolant runs dry it will protect the engine from overheating

so there is not actually a coolant temp sensor - but a head temp sensor.

Most modern Fords are the same

edit - i found this -

http://www.google.com/search?q=engine+temperature+sensor+location+focus+1.6+coolant&nord=1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=mE9xU73WI8LoOpOVgMAG&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=713#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=sO7lc8CWDpGamM%253A%3BTrN8kwkGt7-NmM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fww2.justanswer.com%252Fuploads%252Ffordguy4u%252F2012-05-02_210004_a1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fordforums.com.au%252Fshowthread.php%253Ft%253D11351919%2526page%253D2%3B1439%3B910

But does this apply to a focus?

if it has it then it will be connected to the thermostat housing screwed into the side of it usually under the main hose

Is that left or right side of the engine?

Its the brass bit im pointing at make sure engines cool or you release the pressure before before changing it, just need a flat screwdriver to pull the clip off

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Ford OC mobile app

post-44312-140000825487_thumb.jpg

Did you change the coolant sensor because of starting issue as well? Did it fix the issue?

have you eliminated incorrectly gapped plugs and battery condition first? is the coolant gauge playing up? if its okay then ide say its not the coolant sensor mate thats causing the issues plugs leads and battery are the main ones

Yep would kind of just splutter and not start first time been fine since but also changed oil, filters and plugs about 3 weeks later but it never happened since changing the sensor

Gauge on the dash is just a simulated temperature isnt it?

Found a pipe which was Chaffee and was leaking.

That's fixed. I've already changed plugs, ht lead , could pack. Everything has been changed . But ever y not and again it fails to start first time. And the duke has done it so I might as well. Carnt see why I have this issue.

Cost 7 quid from eurocarparts and ten mins to fit. I dont like changing stuff for the hell of it but kept popping up on google searches, after doing the usual checks and worked for me

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club