Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumbling Noise At 50Mph+

suddste

Hello,

My car has over the past year and a half developed a rumbling noise when going at speed, its loudest at about 65mph, but starting to be audible at lower and higher speeds. It happens when going straight, or turning either way, and happens when i push the clutch in and let it roll, or in gear. Started at about 75,000mls, now at 90,000mls.

ANy ideas?

Thanks

It is liable to be a wheel bearing, although it can sometimes be other things - a good mechanic with access to the car should be able to tell you what it is

Okay thanks

If you wanted to change this yourself without a press could you change the whole wheel hub (inc bearing)? Thinking along the lines of sourcing one from a breakers on eBay and the likes. Could save a bit of cash by not going to a garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

you can buy new hubs cheaper than most breakers sell them pointless using second hand parts for things like this rear at a garage inc fitting was £97 front was ford at £140 inc fitting thats the whole hub with bearing already fitted

Yeh you could do that but then you would be putting on another hub with a worn wheel bearing so you would have to make sure that it's a good bearing

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Hey, thanks for the help guys. It actually had its mot last week and one of the tyres was low and a spring had broken which was worrying since I had no idea. It was either the tyres or the spring as when I was driving home I noticed instantly the rumbling had gone.

How did I not notice that a spring had gone anyway?

To be fair they are pretty well tucked up there and difficult to see even with a torch so dont feel so bad about it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club