Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 "garage Door"

sfrano

Hello again,

I am after a "garage door" to film the gap on my dash. I know if the ashtray assembly that is available, but I have seen some users with the door, but no ashtray and power socket inside

Is there a way to remove the ashtray and socket insert so I effectively just have the door covering the gap?

The gap itself is just the right size for my phone and wallet whist driving, and I don't really want to have to pull out the power socket to have it re-located into the ashtray as I will most likely stuff it up

So, if anyone can she some light on this, or knows where I can find just the door part, I would be most grateful :)

Here is my dash at the moment

1793D59F-9626-41D7-AE4B-EC3F358B5044_zps

And here is what i am after (stolen from the guide ;))

4340E89A-1A43-4674-ABC4-AAC22D945646_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

you can get the garage door bit with the socket inside and it is easy to swap over as you unplug your socket and connect it to the new one. fitting is easy peasy too.

Not sure what it is like on the Mk2, but the Mk2.5 garage door is connected to the entire unit and it relies on the unit to open/close

There are two different types of this "Garage Door".

The first type is part of the smokers pack. This is a complete unit which is inserted into the dashboard compartment and secured with a plate and 2 screws. This unit contains the (removable) ashtray and the cigarette lighter.

The second type is a storage compartment only which is very rare. This is also a complete unit which is inserted into the dashboard compartment and secured with a plate and 2 screws. This unit contains only the power socket.

Both units are inserted into the dashboard so the space behind the door will be a lot smaller than before. Both types of "Garage Door" unit are very expensive The cheapest option will be to find one from eBay or a local scrapyard. My experience is that a used ashtray type can be found relatively easy. The storage compartment type is very rare and a lot harder to find.

i might have one...i'll have a look tonight and report back!

i used the plain garage door and using a dremel cut the slot in the unit to fit the 12v power supply easy enough to do if you can find one at a decent price neither required any screws to secure the gear surround is removed where there is a slot that the front of the door fits into the gear surround is then replaced and holds everything in place no screws and no plates thats a genuine ford one on a mk2 maybe the 2.5 is different but im not aware of any screws

The MK2 unit is the ashtray and power socket combination, The MK2.5 version is just the tray with no power socket fitted.

I have a MK2 one sat at home but it reads that a MK2.5 type is required.

They do come up on eBay occasionally and are very pricey from Ford.

I have been reading this tread and my focus hasnt got the garage door and i really want to put one in mine to give it a bit of a lift inside , any places where you can buy these?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club