Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6 Ecoboost - Petrol Question

simonpieman

Hi.

I recently got a 12 plate 1.6 Ecoboost... When I got it from the Stealer, it had about 20 miles worth of Petrol in it, so I took it

straight to the garage and filled up. When looking at the trip computer, it said that it had roughly 400 miles worth of Petrol.

Today, I filled up again and now it says it only has 330 miles of petrol.

Does anyone know why there is such a huge difference ? In both cases, I filled up completely.

Thanks.

Simon

You may not be driving as economically as the last owner I think the miles to empty is calculated using the average mpg

Sent from my D6503 using Ford OC mobile app

Well all I can say is that before I took the car, it was serviced and the petrol light was on...

Do they reset anything when a service is done ?

I took the car out again after posting this topic, resetting the trip computer before starting off. I drove a good few miles at 50mph with the cruise control on

and then filled up again.

This time I got 345 miles until empty.

It is still 80-90 miles short of the predicted miles based on my first fill up (I have filled up 3 times in all).

Just seems strange how it can drop so much...

Well all I can say is that before I took the car, it was serviced and the petrol light was on...

Do they reset anything when a service is done ?

I took the car out again after posting this topic, resetting the trip computer before starting off. I drove a good few miles at 50mph with the cruise control on

and then filled up again.

This time I got 345 miles until empty.

It is still 80-90 miles short of the predicted miles based on my first fill up (I have filled up 3 times in all).

Just seems strange how it can drop so much...

Not really -

the computer works out how far the car will get based on the avarage MPG

if you took the car to a race track, and drove it flat out for a few laps, the avarage MPG will go right down - thus the estimated range will go right down too

But If you got the avarage recorded MPG right up, (like if you reset the trip computer and went on an extreme economy run) the estimated range will go right up too

Took your advice and reset the computer and drove the car again at 50mph ... Drove for 16 miles, Estimated Miles left 348 when got home.

One thing we noticed today a couple of times when reversing the car makes a loud noise. Its not a squeek, its louder than that.... Doesn't do it all the time - has done it twice.. Something need

lubricating maybe ? Car drives fine apart from that.

Could be a number of things can you get a soundbite up?

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

one thing i have learnt from these types of topics is that even when slated the op always drives very carefully

Jamie

Hands up if you drive carefully ! lol

• Like 1

Hands up if you drive carefully ! lol

Only because I'm trying to max out my mpg lol

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club