Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss Of Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help!!!!!!!!!!!

Focused on my Focus

Morning All,

I was driving on the M1 yesterday when just like that i the revs dropped and i lost a lot of power. from 80mph it dropped to 50mph and was struggling with that!

Also i noticed while idle it felt like it was struggling and deciding or not to cut out. The rev counter kept dropping below 9000revs then coming back up.

Im looking to put her in the garage tomorrow but was thinking, does this sound like i need to change the SVV and idle valve?

Thanks

Wayne

Did it sound like it was running on 3 or less cylinders or it was "missing" - could be the plugs/ leads/ coil packs

Also check the breather hoses for leaks - that could mean the engine would run lean/ draw air not being metered by the MAF

Best to get a code reader on it to see what it says rather than wasting money by changing components you may not need to (you can buy OBD code readers quite cheaply now)

Did it sound like it was running on 3 or less cylinders or it was "missing" - could be the plugs/ leads/ coil packs

Also check the breather hoses for leaks - that could mean the engine would run lean/ draw air not being metered by the MAF

Best to get a code reader on it to see what it says rather than wasting money by changing components you may not need to (you can buy OBD code readers quite cheaply now)

Thanks for the reply FOCA

Is your diagnosis something that any good mechanic would pick up on or only an enthusiast like yourself?

Im taking it to the garage first think tomorrow morning so im hoping, he'll be as knowlegable as yourself and tell me that its nothing major and get her running sweet again.

By the way how much do the OBD code readers go for?

Thanks again

Wayne

Thanks for the reply FOCA

Is your diagnosis something that any good mechanic would pick up on or only an enthusiast like yourself?

Im taking it to the garage first think tomorrow morning so im hoping, he'll be as knowlegable as yourself and tell me that its nothing major and get her running sweet again.

By the way how much do the OBD code readers go for?

Thanks again

Wayne

Im a bit more than an enthusiast but im not a mechanic and have a different perspective on these things (so in some ways, more knowlegable than the avarage mechanic, in others, less)

In general, a good mechanic with access to the car should do a better job of diagnosing/ fixing faults - because that is their job

It is always difficult to diagnose failts without seeing the car + i have to be reliant on the OPs description - often they know very little about cars/ engines

You can pick up a code reader online (eg - ebay) for under £20 make sure it has the Ford-specific protocols (ive heard of mechaincs getting cought out with this, incredibly, Ford main dealers!)

Thats a great help thank FOCA

Will report back tomorrow hopfully with some good news.

Wayne

• Like 1

#FOCA

Morning mate,

Just to update you. The care went in yesterday moring at you were correct, my coil pack was the problem and needed to be replaced!

So had that done and while she was in there i thought she'd benefit from a service, so had that done too.

Thanks for the helpful info very much appreciated!

Wayne.

P.s. want to get some mud flaps for my Focus and the wifes Focus (1.4 52plate) any recommendations where best to look?

Thanks again.

Cheers Bruce after looking at both links will get two full sets.

Nice one!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club