Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best Sat Nav

spikeywelsh

looking at upgrading my old tom tom to a new satnav, was going to get the tomtom 6000 but i found out you cant !Removed! 3rd party pois to it so thats a no got what do you all use

can you add poi on the phone version

Prior to the Sat Nav in the car ( which the only POI you can see is a Ford dealer when you driver near one ) I just used Google maps on my phone, always found it be pretty accurate, unless you went the Apple route?

I am looking into 3rd party applications such Navmii too, I did stumble across a free one the other day which allows you to cache the maps even USA ones effectively giving me free sat nav anywhere in the world as GPS doesn't cost you data @£6 per MB, it's only the phone accessing map data that does.

Cannot remember for the life of me what it was called but it looked like a very pro set up and it was left open source for people to correct it, add POI's etc and it was moderated in case people trolled and deleted roads etc.

Will try and find it and let you know but loads of yanks raved about it.

Viewranger was the one, UK firm too.

• Like 1

Your missus is best sat nav!!!

Sometimes you lot get mixed up with the direction of travel or fail to determine which way is north or South though, Very hard to switch off without a hammer/ bat too.

• Like 1

I use "CoPilot" for Android, has lane navigation, traffic warning, and is a very good all rounder. you pay about £20 for the app, and then can add extra's for a years subscription if you wanted. You can also "acquire" the software online.

• Like 1

thxs for the help guys and girls the new tomtom looks so nice big screen on it

just a shame the ford in car sat nav cant have pois added is the sat nav stored on a usb stick

• Like 1

He said Sat NAV - not Sat NAG :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

He said Sat NAV - not Sat NAG :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Ha de ha ha ... hope ye get lost in ballynomanlands with a tub of vaseline & rowdy sheep lol

Hahaha I can't say my sat nav has ever said that to me before!

For the record my garmin isn't great at instructions! tomtom was more logical :)

• Like 1

the tomtom 1005 world looks really nice has anyone else used it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club