Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Newbie

bry0586

hello fellow ford owners, i technically dont have a ford yet, well fingers crossed by tomorrow i'll be the owner of a mk2 1.8 tdci zetec climate.

Last time i drove a ford was a fiesta when i was learning to drive which was over 10 years ago so its all a bit new to me, hope it'll give me many fun miles ahead :)

• Like 1

Hi welcome :)

Welcome to the family Bryan and back to the world of motoring! a good choice of car to get you back into the seat!

change in plan, the place i was getting the 1.8 zetec was mucking me about so ive told him i dont want, but later today i'll be collecting a black mk2 focus 1.6 tdci sport :D. Going from a 50bhp corsa b to that will heaven :D

• Like 1

will that have a diesel particulate filter on it as these are not popular

cost to much when they need replacement there's a few posts on here about them

Result!

As mentioned, watch out for the DPF, it can be a pain in the backside, so make sure its had its EOLYS fluid topped up, and if your near the 60k or 120k mark on the mileage, watch out as it might be due to go sleep for the last time, so you will need it removing and either replacing (expensive but legal) or mapping out (less legal and more likely to fail the MOT if not done perfectly).

I would advise (being a fan of advocating legal thigns of course :p) getting it replaced but with a none ford part, alternatively, the devil on my shoulder is reminding me that mapping it out gets you more MPG, More Power, and costs a fraction of the cost of the replacement, and that what the MOT tester cant see within the inside of the canister - cant hurt him!

Welcome to the site! :)

picked up the car earlier today. really impressed with it so far :) done a quick google on changing rear bulbs, am i right in saying you need to remove the covers to get to them?

thankyou all for the welcoming :)

Lift the boot lid and you can see the screws, pull the unit out and unplug it. Then some more screws holding it all together!

Pretty quick job actually.

For Fog/Reverse, get your hands behind the lights and twist off

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

looking at the dpf stuff, theres a mapper near me that for a few hundred will do a DPF delete, map it out and do a power/eco map for a few hundred quid, i think in a few months once i've gotten used to the focus i'll look into it more, roughly how much does it cost to replace legitimately

• Like 1

Replacing legitamtely through Ford, your looking at the best part of £1k as you need the filter, the fluid and plugging into the computer. You can do an aftermarket with a non dealer to do the labour, and then Ford to reset the computer, and that will set you back about £500, to be honest, whilst the change to the MOT makes it illegal to do the removal, its sadly still the cheapest and better answer for most people.

before i decide may have a word with my mot'er. he's pretty decent and isn't too strict just as long as nothing is dangerous.might just give it a quick look :)

• Like 1

Hi Just converted from years of Vauxhalls. When I collected my 06 Ford Focus from my local dealer. very pleased with the drive characteristics and trim levels.

Welcome to the forum,

good choice in motor, if interested in fitting a second reverse light, rear footwell lighting or 12V boot socket etc.

Log on via internet browser and click on my Aviator picture to view my profile where you will see 28 guides with links to view aswell as download in PDF format.

Also i highly recommend you blank the EGR see my guide for independant reviews aswell as a quality supplier,

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/42915-guide-fitting-egr-blanking-plate-16tdci-engine/

Also upgrading the induction filter:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/36783-green-cotton-performance-induction-filter-fitting-guide/

lenny, ive just read your guide on blanking egr, seems like a decent thing to do but im a bit daunted by it as i have no mechanical skill(im a chef by trade) haha :(

• Like 1

haha, Bryan, if I could do it, you can do it :D

All you need is a plate, a spanner, screwdriver, some patience, and also get yourself a terminal / wiper puller (go for the two arm style, not the one that just has a prong underneath and screws straight on top!

• Like 1

haha i beg to differ haha, any questions on food etc im on it, but when it comes to mechanical i am illiterate haha

• Like 1

haha, fair game, if you do decide to do it though its fairly straight forward with Lenny's guide :)

Alternatively, put a wanted ad out there to ask for any locallers who might be able to help?

• Like 1

haha, fair game, if you do decide to do it though its fairly straight forward with Lenny's guide :)

Alternatively, put a wanted ad out there to ask for any locallers who might be able to help?

+1

Put a wanted advertisement up and it will give you the motivation to do it yourself,

Because when you see the Retards putting themselves forward to "have a go on your car"

You'll realise perhaps its not that hard after all lol better me trying it than them,

seriously if you can put a lid on a pressure cooker, you can blank an EGR,

Im a pharmaceutical production operator and i can do it, thats much like a chief except you get to play with fire on the pan and taste the final product,

we dont :lol:

lol, nicely said lenny, although I wasnt looking to offer an ad in the local paper :D I was thinking more that someone on here with former experience on the same job might help :p

• Like 2

lol, nicely said lenny, although I wasnt looking to offer an ad in the local paper :D I was thinking more that someone on here with former experience on the same job might help :p

lol would be very wrong of me to sa6 "i know" wouldnt it :lol:

hehe, we dont all put ads in the paper looking for friends Lenny ;) :p

....Just me,...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club