Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiat Convert

micksalt

Hello,

After 11 years of Fiat ownership, the constant repair bills were seriously denting the kit car budget, so I decided to go for something more boring. On Saturday, I pick up my 59 Focus Estate 1.6 TDCI in poverty spec. I'm no stranger to working on my own cars, so if I can do things myself, I will.

Thanks,

Mick

A Focus in any trim/spec is never boring :D

Welcome to the family Michael!

Definately agree, no spec is boring, but the lower the spec, the more fun you have upgrading ;)

It was an absolute peach to drive on the test drive, and seems to be the perfect car for my commute and general load-lugging. By 'boring' I mean spending less time in my pit fixing it, less things falling off, less games of 'hunt the electrical fault' and I'm going from Petrol to Diesel, which is a touch soul-destroying. However, going from a 1.8 N/A petrol engine to a 1.6 diesel is much better now I have a 75 mile daily commute.

haha, I can see your point!

Its definately a pleasure to drive the Focus, but you can swap the "find the fudgey wire" for "Stick a mod"!

haha, I can see your point!

Its definately a pleasure to drive the Focus, but you can swap the "find the fudgey wire" for "Stick a mod"!

I noticed that the guide section contained more guides on modifications than guides to fix known problems (known, but never officially acknowledged as a kludge by Fiat).

We have a combination of both really I suppose. The most common issue on the focus is probably the bonnet catch and barrel issue, but we do have more mods than repair manuals thats for sure!

Picked the car up on Saturday, really satisfying to drive. The only thing I need to do is just top up the power steering fluid a little, I occasionally see the amber light when taking a lengthy right-hander. It's either not been properly topped up last time the fluid was renewed, or there is a leak which will be covered by the warranty, so no drama either way.

The benefits of warranty

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club